cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE4000 without the portal

JH51928
Level 1
Level 1

We'd like to be ready for any unexpected event when we request to release it from the portal.

I know that it has CME and CUE. And it also has fxo modules so I'm guessing it is running as gateway too?

Does anybody have experience to manage and configure BE4000 without the portal?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have no idea, I barely worked with the BE4K and I don't have one to test what happens when you request the release.

According to this link:

https://go.be4000.cisco.com/support/eol-comms/

The configuration of the appliance will be changed however the call control functionality should not be altered.

From that point forward, you'd be in charge of any configuration changes that are needed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

That's  managed by the Cloud and not locally. 

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once you go through the process to release the BE4K you get CLI access just as you have in any ISR 4xxx, as explained in the process, you need to know your way around CME and CUE to manage it. 

If you're not familiar with CME, CUE and voice configurations in ISRs, might want to get a partner or a reputable consultant to assist, or manage on your behalf.

You can also refer to the existing documentation on cisco.com if you wish to manage it yourself. 

HTH

java

Thanks java,

Sorry for the delay. There was an issue with the be4k not registering to the portal, but it's okay now.

Will the be4k continue to work as soon it's releases from the portal? Are there any configuration I should do to make it work?

I have no idea, I barely worked with the BE4K and I don't have one to test what happens when you request the release.

According to this link:

https://go.be4000.cisco.com/support/eol-comms/

The configuration of the appliance will be changed however the call control functionality should not be altered.

From that point forward, you'd be in charge of any configuration changes that are needed.

HTH

java