Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Way to Unblock the Incoming Calls in CUCM

maqsood ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

i have a situation where i need to unblock the incoming calls from outside ( PSTN )  to some DID numbers which are NOT in sequence and range. So,  i created a translation pattern of  " ! "  and UNBLOCKED  ALL , then i create a translation pattern of a single DID number and BLOCK it .  good working ..

But the problem is  i have  21000 thousand active  DID number in diffirent range and different sequence .  i fear i may end up with thousand of unblock translation pattern.  As an Example : Range: 456XXXX  ,, i need to unblock  4561089 ,,4568699  ,,4567122  etc.. 

iam NOT using voice gateway here..

iam looking for any alternative way or  any third party software or any idea .  

3 Replies 3

This might be a silly question, but why are you blocking calls in general to your DIDs? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of having a Direct Inward Dial number assigned? If you could clarify the use case you have we might better be able to provide you help on this.

Response Signature

If you are not using a voice gateway, what is the incoming connection?

If you have a SIP Trunk on a router, you may be able to use an e164-pattern-map with a list of the 'allowed' ranges and numbers along with an "incoming called e164-pattern-map" dial peer. You can have up to 1000 entries in the config for an e164-pattern-map, or up to 5000 if you refer to a text file in flash. (Those numbers may have changed since the last time I looked.) 

If you have a SIP Trunk to another call system, I wonder if it might be possible to use a Normalization Script to modify 'blocked' numbers to something specific and have an inbound translation pattern that drops those numbers. That idea is off the top of my head and I've not tried it, so I don't know if that is a viable option.

Maren

As I read this, I feel less clear on your environment and what you are trying to accomplish. Is your CUCM exposed directly to the internet and you are trying to prevent toll fraud? If not, it is hard for the people in the community to assist you without more details about what your are trying to accomplish and all the components in your environment (like how it gets its PSTN access).