cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking long distance calls while allowing local area codes

Daniel Isham
Level 4
Level 4

I am currently designing a dial plan with the line/device approach. I am able to block long distance calls but I want to allow calls to 3 area codes that are considered local dialing. You have to dial 1 plus the area code to perform the calls for the local calls. What is the best way to handle this since the local area codes route pattern overlaps with the blocked translation pattern of the blocked long distance calling?

IE)

Translation Pattern

9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX - PT_Blocked_LD

Route Pattern

9.1[555]XX[2-9]XXXXXX - PT_Allowed_Local

CSS_Line_Local

PT_Blocked_LD

PT_Blocked_International

PT_Blocked_Fraud

Adding the PT_Allowed_Local partition to the CSS_Line_Local CSS doesn't allow the 555-XXX-XXXX call to go through.

Thanks for any help you guys (or gals) can provide!

Dan

P.S - CUCM v9.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Build explicit area code route patterns or route filter assigned to single route pattern.  Assume the first you would have:

area codes: 555, 556, 557

Blocking Pattern

9.1555[2-9]XXXXXX - PT_Blocked_Local

9.1556[2-9]XXXXXX - PT_Blocked_Local

9.1557[2-9]XXXXXX - PT_Blocked_Local

Route Pattern

9.1555[2-9]XXXXXX - PT_Allowed_Local

9.1556[2-9]XXXXXX - PT_Allowed_Local

9.1557[2-9]XXXXXX - PT_Allowed_Local

Notice the blocking patterns are in Local block partition as those should be only blocked if user is restricted to internal calling, by having the routing patterns define more explicitly than the 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX Block_LD pattern you will archive your requirement.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Build explicit area code route patterns or route filter assigned to single route pattern.  Assume the first you would have:

area codes: 555, 556, 557

Blocking Pattern

9.1555[2-9]XXXXXX - PT_Blocked_Local

9.1556[2-9]XXXXXX - PT_Blocked_Local

9.1557[2-9]XXXXXX - PT_Blocked_Local

Route Pattern

9.1555[2-9]XXXXXX - PT_Allowed_Local

9.1556[2-9]XXXXXX - PT_Allowed_Local

9.1557[2-9]XXXXXX - PT_Allowed_Local

Notice the blocking patterns are in Local block partition as those should be only blocked if user is restricted to internal calling, by having the routing patterns define more explicitly than the 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX Block_LD pattern you will archive your requirement.

HTH,

Chris

Daniel Isham
Level 4
Level 4

For some reason after I retried my route patterns and translation patterns in terms of what I was trying to achieve originally, it seems to work now. I might have set one of the fields wrong the first time I did it but I was able to add the PT_Allowed_Local to the same CSS that has the blocking translation pattern.

Thanks for your assistance as always Chris. I'll accept your response as a nifty alternative

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: