Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Administration Tool - Voicemail reset

Quintin.Mayo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We have a large group of users, we need to change their default voicemail password. I am trying to use the Bulk Administration Tool for this purpose. When trying to use the tool I receive this message at the top of the page " Reset of password is disabled because LDAP authentication is active". From what I have read this should be a option, am I missing sometime? The steps I follow are below, any assistance in the matter would be greatly appreciated. We are using LDAP authentication.

Reset User Password and PIN Using Query

You can use a query to locate users and reset passwords and PINs to a default value.

Procedure
Step 1   Choose Bulk Administration > Users > Reset Password/PIN > Query.

The Find and List Users window displays.

Step 2   To locate the users that you want to reset, define the query filter.
Step 3   From the first Find User where drop-down list, choose one of the following criteria:
  • User ID
  • First Name
  • Middle Name
  • Last Name
  • Manager
  • Department

From the second Find User where drop-down list box, choose one of the following criteria:

• begins with
  • contains
  • is exactly
  • ends with
  • is empty
  • is not empty
Step 4   Specify the appropriate search text, if applicable, and click Find.
Note   

To choose users from more than one department, enter multiple departments separated with a comma in this field. For example, to choose users from departments 12 and 14, enter 12, 14 in the third box instead of performing two operations.

Tip   

To find all users that are registered in the database, click Find without entering any search text.

Step 5   To further define your query, you can choose AND or OR to add multiple filters and repeat Step 3 and Step 4.
Step 6   Click Find.

A list of discovered users displays by

• User ID
  • First Name
  • Middle Name
  • Last Name
  • Manager
  • Department Name
  • LDAP Sync Status
Step 7   Click Next.
Step 8   Enter the values that you want to update for all the records that you defined in your query.
  • Password—Enter the default password that users use when they log on to the Cisco Unified IP Phone Self Care Portal window.
  • Confirm Password—Reenter the password.
  • PIN—Enter the default PIN for the extension mobility feature that users should use when they log in to a Cisco Unified IP Phone.
  • Confirm PIN—Reenter the PIN.
Note   

If you want your end users to be able to use this PIN to access their Cisco Unity Connection Voicemail, the Enable End User PIN Synchronization check box in the Application Server Configuration window must be checked for the connection to the Cisco Unity Connection server. The PIN in Cisco Unified Communications Manager gets updated only if the PIN in Cisco Unity Connection gets updated successfully.

Step 9   In the Job Information area, enter the Job description.
Step 10   Choose a method to change passwords or PINs. Do one of the following:
  1. Click Run Immediately to change passwords or PINs immediately.
  2. Click Run Later to change them at a later time.
Step 11   To create a job for resetting passwords or PINs, click Submit.
Step 12   To schedule and activate this job, use the Job Scheduler option in the Bulk Administration main menu. To schedule and/or activate this job, use the Job Scheduler option in the Bulk Administration main menu.
Tip   

The log file displays the number of users that were updated and the number of records that failed, including an error code.

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you trying to update password or PIN? I'm guessing PIN. Password change is disabled when using LDAP, but you should be able to reset PIN.

Brandon