cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

bypass cucm 11.5su7 to 12 upgrade limitation

Mortaza Rohani
Level 1
Level 1

We need our cucm 11.5 SU7 to be upgraded to 12 because of some features and according to Document we are only able to upgrade to cucm 12.5 su2.

On the other hand, we have Cisco QM 11.5 which is not compatible with cucm 12.5 and therefore we have reached a dead end. Because there is no upgrade for Cisco QM 11.5

Is there any possibility to downgrade 11.5 su7 to 11.5 su6 and then upgrade it to 12?

If no, is there any suggestion?

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no such thing as a downgrade for CUCM, the closest thing is to rollback to whatever version is in your inactive partition, but by doing so, you would lose ALL the config changes that have been done in your system after you switched the versions. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

if 11.5 su6 is available on your CUCM  inactive partition, you can switch back. if not there won't be a option to downgrade. 

Response Signature

Curious to know what good the downgrade would do for your overall ambition to upgrade your system to 12.x?

Response Signature

1- Cucm 11.5su7  could not be upgraded to v12 

2- Unable to upgrade to v12.5 because I have cisco qm 11.5 (last released version) which is not compatible with cucm 12.5 

3- I'm forced to upgrade to CUCM 12 because of Customer's need to limit some jabber users to login over mra, which is possible from cucm 12.

4- I just wanted to bypass this dead end

Why would you not be able to upgrade from SU7 to 12.5? What’s your source of information for that?

Since you’re end goal is to get to CM version 12 you would either way not be able to keep QM as it’s as you state not compatible with this version. I still don’t fully understand why you would have a need to get to SU6 and then get to 12.

Response Signature

The only restriction note I can find is for 11.5SU8 that has to be updated to 12.5SU3 and this version isn’t released yet.DC4223C0-D4D3-4491-A112-AD4FD46F917E.jpeg

For SU7 you should be able to upgrade to SU2.

Response Signature

I just wanted to keep QM as well as having an upgraded CUCM. and this was achieved only by upgrading to 12 not 12.5. 

finally I concluded to replace QM with another recording server. 

thank you

I think he's saying that you can't upgrade from 11.5su7  to 12.0.  Only to 12.5