cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call flow - 2nd hop when no VM is set

matthewbates1
Level 1
Level 1

All users at our organisation have voicemail (Cisco Unity), except management staff who have their phones forward to a PA.  

The PA has a Voicemailbox.

The call flow should go from the manager through to the PA and then if not answered it should then go to the main reception number.  Even though I have specified in the users directory number profile to not use Voicemail when it leaves the PA it forwards to the Cisco Unity VM number.

Direction is needed to where I can change the behavior of the call flow.

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One option is to use a hunt group. On the hunt pilot configuration set "Forward Unanswered Calls" under "Forward Hunt No Answer" to the reception number. Set the management phone to forward to the hunt pilot.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon.  We have 2 Call Manager in 2 different office.  The configuration I am after and explained above  is actually working the way it should at one of the offices and so it should by design.  

I am after where I can go to adjust this setting in Call Manager.  I am not sure whether it is a CSS setting, Location setting or a phone profile setting.  I have no Idea where I would go to change the setting.

If I am specifying No Voicemail on the users phone profile I do not understand why it is still being forwarded to Cisco Unity. 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matthew,

I just wanted to add a note to the good tips from my friend Brandon here (+5 "B")

The problem is most likely arising because the PA has a Forward No Answer (FNA) set to go to VM instead of the main reception number the calls that forward from the Manager would follow accordingly. In this type of scenario you can't have it both ways. You would need to look at the Call Forward setup on the PA's phone to remove the FNA to VM (and replace it with the main reception number) the PA would then use Call Forward All when they need to have the forwarding to VM instead of the main reception number.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for your reply Rob.  That iss the confusing part. We have 2 offices with 2 call managers (both connected with one as primary and the other subscriber) with 2 different behaviors stated below.

Office 1 - Desired configuration

Manager has no Voicemail box and has all forwarding set to PA

PA has voice mail and has all forwards set to VM (Except call forward all)

When the PA does not answer it forwards to the main reception number

Office 2 - Call flow to be rectified

Manager has no Voicemail box and has all forwarding set to PA

PA has voice mail and has all forwards set to VM (Except call forward all)

When PA does not answer it forward to Cisco Unity. Auto attendant sating the users name and to leave a message.

I am trying to find the setting that controls this behavior with the call flow.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matthew,

That is confusing....I can only think of one thing that might be setup differently on the two scenarios. Can you look at the area below on the working and non-working configs;

MLPP Alternate Party Settings

Target (Destination)

Enter the number to which MLPP precedence calls should be diverted if this directory number receives a precedence call and neither this number nor its call forward destination answers the precedence call.

Values can include numeric characters, octothorpe (#), and asterisk (*).

MLPP Calling Search Space

From the drop-down list box, choose the calling search space to associate with the MLPP alternate party target (destination) number. For configuration information about calling search space for directory numbers, see the "Calling Search Space" section.

MLPP No Answer Ring Duration (seconds)

Enter the number of seconds (between 4 and 60) after which an MLPP precedence call will be directed to this directory number alternate party if this directory number and its call-forwarding destination have not answered the precedence call.

Leave this setting blank to use the value that is set in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager enterprise parameter, Precedence Alternate Party Timeout.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/bccm-712-cm/b03dn.html

Cheers!

Rob