Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward All to Voice Mail using checkbox-Last Redirecting Number

Hello team,

I hope I described my question as well as possible (writing and drawing) so it would receive a Yes/No answer

I already verified this parameter in CUC: It is checked:
Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call

I tried to illustrate the 3 below scenarios in the attached picture. The DNs, VMPs in the picture are as follows:

DN_A: +49111111
DN_B: +49222222
VM_Pilot_1: GERMAN_VM_PROFIL
VM_Pilot_2: NTT-TEST
VM_Pilot_1: 999889
VM_Pilot_2: Some Mobile number for testing or Hunt Pilot.

3 Scenarios:

------------------------------------------
GREEN:

DN_A:
   CFA to DN_B
   VM_Profile_1 with VM_Pilot_1
DN_B:
   CFA to VM (by checking the checkbox)

External incoming call to DN_A goes to the VM_Pilot_1
RED:

DN_A:
   CFA to DN_B
   VM_Profile_2 with VM_Pilot_2
DN_B:

External incoming call to DN_A goes to the VM_Pilot_2
BLUE:

DN_A:
   CFA to DN_B
DN_B:
   CFA to VM_Pilot_1 (Not by checking the checkbox, but by writing the VM_Pilot_1 actual number in the text field)

An external incoming call to DN_A goes to the VM_Pilot_1 (which is 999889) that is written in the CFA text field of DN_B. But this could be any other number, like DN_C (already tested this). It has nothing to do in my opinion with the VM_Profiles, because there is no VM checkbox used.

It seems to me that an already redirected call which hits the CFA to VM checkbox of the next destination, will use the VM Pilot number from the first number that initiated the first CFA, and not from the last redirecting number. I hope this makes sense.

My question is: Is scenario RED correct? Is it working as designed?
I was expecting the arrow marked in RED X to go to the VM Profile of DN_B (which is GERMAN_VM_PROFIL), not back to the VM Profile of DN_A. Why is it not behaving like this?

*Note: I have found some interesting information here:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/call-forwarding-with-voicemail/td-p/3001562
But I think my scenario is different. If you think it is not, please post a short hint.

5 Replies 5

DN_A:
CFA to DN_B
DN_B:

External incoming call to DN_A goes to the DN_B and from DN_B it gets forwarded to VM using VM_Pilot_1

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thank you for your quick reply. I was expecting the same behavior as you mentioned, but in my tests it doesn't work like this. It goes instead to the VM_Pilot_2. And I tried the same scenario in 3 different CUCM clusters (Versions 12.0.1 and 12.5.1).

Did you also make a test? If so, what CUCM version?

Thank you! 

How do you identified that its using  VM_Pilot_2 ?

What are your trying to achieve ?

Response Signature

I configured VM_Pilot_1 = 999889 which goes to Unity via a route pattern and I configured VM_Pilot_2 = My_mobile_number. And call comes to my mobile number. I also used Unity Port Monitoring in RTMT to double check when the call goes to Unity or not.

I am trying to figure out where is the mistake in this scenario or if this is really the way it is designed to work.

Since you forwarded the call to DN 2 it will be using DN2 call forwarding settings. Let me test this on my lab. 

Response Signature