Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings in CUCM

orellanas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

When I call to an extension (that does not have a VM set) and the extension is busy or no one answer, I would like to route that call to a voicemail that belong to another extension, let say the extension is 1234. 

so, I enter the extension in the following fields. 

Forward Busy Internal

Forward Busy External

Forward no answer Internal

Forward no answer External

when I enter just the extension 1234, the call is forwarded which is a good. 

but if instead of 1234 I enter #1234 (to send it directly to VM) doesn't work. 

Can you please help me to tell me how I can make it work ? 

Thanks in Advance, 

Orellanas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then simply configure a VM profile that you hardcode to 1234 and assign it to 5555 so calls are routed to that VM box

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you have CUC, which you don't mention, simply configure that DN as an alternate number for this to work, and configure regular call forward to VM

HTH

java

Hi Jaime thanks for your help, yes I already create the extension in Cisco Unity, and if I call the directly to the extension 1234 the voice mail works fine.

As an alternative option, you can create CH and configure the CH extension as phone DN (OR match it through forward routing rule) and route this CH to desired DN voicemail box.

- Vivek

OK, and did you configure the others DNs you want to reach that mailbox as alternate extensions??????

HTH

java

Yes, the number is 1234 and the Mailbox is already created.

That's not what I mean, please take another look at my previous post, are you an end user????

HTH

java

Ok, when the call comes to the call handlers this is sent to extension 5555, this extension has been assigned to a two desk phones in the second line, so it rings in both lines at the same time. But the issue is that I can't create a VM for 5555 since is associated to CH. that's why I want to create a VM for ext. 1234 and route the calls from 5555 that no one answer to it.

about if am I an end user? I'm not, I starting in this field.

Thank you,

Orellanas

Then simply configure a VM profile that you hardcode to 1234 and assign it to 5555 so calls are routed to that VM box

HTH

java

Thanks, 

it works fine.

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For #1234 to work and send the call to Unity, have you configured a Translation Pattern that matches this and forward the call to Unity Connection.

If not, then you will need to do this as CM will not understand # inherently till the time you do not configure it.

Regards

Deepak