Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward CID

Hello ,

I have a question about call forward:
My extension is forwarded to my mobile if no answer , when my colleagues call me my mobile number appears on their phones.

Is there a way to eliminate this, and to show the extension number instead my mobile number?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Use single number reach instead of call forwarding

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Use single number reach instead of call forwarding

Response Signature

Completely right

thanks for the Idea.

if I changed the called party on the gateway from originator to last redirected, does it work? 

But Your requirement is that your colleague should see your desk phone when calling your desk phone rather than your mobile number when forwarding. Changing to last redirected wont help in this case.

Response Signature

I see.

Thank you and appreciate your respond.

As @Nithin Eluvathingal rightly suggested you’ll need to use single number reach, or as it’s actually named Mobile Connect for what you ask about. With this the calling party will not see that the call is extended out to another number, in your case a mobile number as the CM uses a function called anchoring to tie the call to your office number.

Worth knowing is that this also works in the reverse direction, aka if you make a call from your mobile to a colleagues office number and this call reaches the CM it will do a lookup and if a remote destination number is matched against your mobile number it will anchor the call against your office number and show this as the calling number. You can even get the CM to anchor a call from someone in your organisation to your defined remote destination number, aka your mobile number, with your office number by changing a service parameter.

Response Signature

Thank you .

It worked as @Nithin Eluvathingal and you suggested.