Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding without a phone

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All

I have a user who lives in FL and he has a NY number forwarded to his FL number.This worked fine last week but now it's not working at all and the  thing about it is he has never had a physical phone. I asked him did he have a phone in the NY office and he said  no. so I asked the receptionist in NY and she confirmed that as well. So what I want to know is how can you setup call forwarding in cucm without his DID not being assigned to a phone or him logged into a phone.Thanks in advance for he help and have a great day                   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scooter,

There are a few ways this can be done Have a look in CUCM under

Call Routing> Directory number and see if it's set up there. You can have a DID/DN

with Call Forward set up without an actual phone by doing it via this config.

You can also check Device > CTI Route Point as the same "virtual" config can be set there as well.

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scooter,

There are a few ways this can be done Have a look in CUCM under

Call Routing> Directory number and see if it's set up there. You can have a DID/DN

with Call Forward set up without an actual phone by doing it via this config.

You can also check Device > CTI Route Point as the same "virtual" config can be set there as well.

Cheers!

Rob

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks Rob

I think adding a directory number with callfwd is the better idea, because what I know is that CTI Route Point takes some license units...

CTI RP do not take any licenses.

In my opinion CTI RP is the best approach as if you build DN unattached to a device administrators can easily delete it by searching for unassigned DNs. In fact I train admins to do just that periodically to clean up the system. I guess I am old school and like to see DNs attached to some kind of device.

Another perhaps easier option for simply call forwarding is Translation Patterns.

HTH,

Chris

After Rob gave me instructions on how to create the number I did just what he said and it worked perfect but later on I did learn that a CTI RP is the best way to go becasue you can remove the number by cleaning up unassigned numbers. I just wanted to tell all of you thanks for all the help you guys give me because I've been doing voice for 7 monthes now and between you guys and TAC I'm learning so much. I just want to say thank you all and have a happy fathers day.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey folks,

I just wanted to add to the great tips from Chris (+5 my friend )

We use the CTI-RP method as well, so that the number is searchable

and not deleted in a "Horrible" accident. Over the years we've used this method

for many applications without fail.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Scooter,

You are most welcome my friend There's always lots to learn

with this stuff. That's what keeps it fresh and keeps us all on our toes