Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call in progress when one CUCM go down

Hi everybody

We have two CUCM 8.6 and we need to poweroff one of these to change a parts in the UCS server. I know that the phone who's registered with the one I will power off will just "blink" and change to the other CUCM. But I don't know if the phone registered with the one I will power off, if they had a call in progress, did the call will be dropped or will stay in progress?

The answer will guide me to fix a maintenance Windows if it need to be.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi There,

The calls should be maintained smiley

Table 11-1 Call Preservation Scenarios 

Scenario
Call Preservation Handling

Cisco Unified Communications Manager fails.

A Cisco Unified  Communications Manager failure causes the call-processing function for  all calls that were set up through the failed Cisco Unified  Communications Manager to be lost.

The affected devices recognize that their current Cisco Unified  Communications Manager failed. Similarly, the other Cisco Unified  Communications Managers in the cluster detect the Cisco Unified  Communications Manager failure.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager maintains affected active calls  until the end user hangs up or until the devices can determine that the  media connection has been released. Users cannot invoke any  call-processing features for calls that are maintained as a result of  this failure.

Communication failure occurs between Cisco Unified Communications Manager and device.

When  communication fails between a device and the Cisco Unified  Communications Manager that controls it, the device recognizes the  failure and maintains active connections. The Cisco Unified  Communications Manager recognizes the communication failure and clears  call-processing entities that are associated with calls in the device  where communication was lost.

The Cisco Unified Communications Managers still maintain control of the  surviving devices that are associated with the affected calls. Cisco  Unified Communications Manager maintains affected active calls until the  end user hangs up or until the devices can determine that the media  connection has been released. Users cannot invoke any call-processing  features for calls that are maintained as a result of this failure.

Device failure

(Phone, gateway, conference bridge, transcoder, MTP)

When a device  fails, the connections that exist through the device stop streaming  media. The active Cisco Unified Communications Manager recognizes the  device failure and clears call-processing entities that are associated  with calls in the failed device.

The Cisco Unified Communications Managers maintain control of the  surviving devices that are associated with the affected calls. Cisco  Unified Communications Manager maintains the active connections (calls)  that are associated with the surviving devices until the surviving end  users hang up or until the surviving devices can determine that the  media connection has been released.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_1/ccmsys/accm-801-cm/a02dvsup.html#wp1021885

Cheers!

Rob

Hi,

[+5] to Rob.

Your IP phone would show UCM Down, Features Disabled for the active calls when CUCM goes down to which IP phone is registered.

regds,

aman