cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager - Kernel panic error

Laurel McDargh
Level 1
Level 1

The publisher hard drive needed to be "hot swapped" due to failure. Once completed, we powered up the Call Manager through the VM. Call Manager did not come up and stopped with the following error message:  kernel panic - not syncing:attempted to kill init. I was wondering what this might mean and how we get beyond this error in order to get the publisher working again? In addition, upon reboot, Unity produced the same error. 

Thank you for any insight. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It may be a hardware or any driver issue, I would suggest you open a TAC case for this, meanwhile you can also try running recovery disk if you want to try that.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It may be a hardware or any driver issue, I would suggest you open a TAC case for this, meanwhile you can also try running recovery disk if you want to try that.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

We have contact TAC and they are performing a reinstallation. Thank you for your response!!

AK007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Possibly you may be hitting the following bug : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvv33657

Instructions on this bugsearch solved the issue. I upgraded CUCM sub from 12.5(1) SU5 to 12.5(1) SU8 the upgrade itself was successful but when rebooting after switch version command i got the kernel panic message. Just make sure you generate the kernel version the message says it can not find.