Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Profile vs Call Leg profile in CMS

Network-giiig
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am started a CMS deployment recently, I just need a clear explication of the difference between Call Profiles and Call Leg Profiles ?

It seems like they have the same puspose (as far as I understood, is to assigne privileges, like host and guest, of a given call)

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

In principle, they have similar purpose. But the options in the profile differ.
I guess you have checked the programming guide https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Reference_Guides/Version-3-6/Cisco-Meeting-Server-API-Reference-Guide-3-6.pdf
Section 8.2 and 8.4

E.g. if you use the recording feature:
In the callProfile, you would set the recordingMode, which defines the way how recording works (disabled, on manual activation / deactivation, or automatically for every meeting).
And you define the SIP-URI of the recording server (so which server to use).

In the callLegProfile you define, if the call (which gets this callLegProfile assigned) has the privilege to control the recording button while in a meeting or not (e.g. Only for a "host" of the meeting, he would get this profile to control the recording).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

In principle, they have similar purpose. But the options in the profile differ.
I guess you have checked the programming guide https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Reference_Guides/Version-3-6/Cisco-Meeting-Server-API-Reference-Guide-3-6.pdf
Section 8.2 and 8.4

E.g. if you use the recording feature:
In the callProfile, you would set the recordingMode, which defines the way how recording works (disabled, on manual activation / deactivation, or automatically for every meeting).
And you define the SIP-URI of the recording server (so which server to use).

In the callLegProfile you define, if the call (which gets this callLegProfile assigned) has the privilege to control the recording button while in a meeting or not (e.g. Only for a "host" of the meeting, he would get this profile to control the recording).

Thanks for the valuable information you provided @b.winter 

Hi,
you're welcome.
I would appreciate it, if you could vote my post as an "accepted solution", if I could clarify your question.