cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

caller input drops if phone is forward to voice mail

jerry.mcrae
Level 1
Level 1

i am running Unity 4.0(4) SR 1 and i have an office configured for caller input with attempt to transfer. when a caller selects the person to transfer to and that phone is forwarded to voice mail the caller hears "wait while i transfer your call" then the caller gets dropped.

any ideas?

thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

You may be introducing an inadvertent loop, which Unity will recognize and not allow, if you have Supervised Transfer set in your call handler. If so, change the transfer type to Release to Switch instead.

Ginger

Hi-

On Programs --> Unity use the call viewer to determine what is the extension having this problem. This utility will show you the forwading extension as well as the dialed number.

Open the window, make a call and see what happens. Every call routing has a forwarding station. Based on the output you can determine which call handler is causing this problem and then configure it properly.

Let me know if it helps.

gajolly
Level 1
Level 1

Go to Unity tools depot and select two option port status monitor other is callviewer open them simultanesouly when the call will come check the Unity Port number in Call viewer and then at the same time open that port in Unity to see how exaactly that call is coming in and goin out

Cheers :)

Gaurav

I have the same issue. I changed the Call Handler or Mailbox to supervise transfer and it works. However, when the phones are not forwarded, the incoming calls from the Auto Attendant say from Voicemail, which my client does not like.