cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Live MOH sourced from router FXO

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We are migrating a CME environment to CUCM and they currently are utilizing an FXO card for the Live Stream.  I have found some solutions including this one:

https://docstore.mik.ua/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/ip_ph/srs/srsinter/moh.pdf

I have also used a Barix device to impersonate the CUCM multicast address but didn't know if there as any updated documents on how to perform this using an ISR (H323) router.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

2 Replies 2

It has been a REALLY LONG TIME, but here is what I recall. You create the Multicast MoH source in CM, but set the hop count to be so low that it doesn't get anywhere. You could also do this by having the L3 routing infrastructure not support multicast/PIM on the interface where the fake MoH source lives. Then you have whatever device you want send the multicast to the same destination address. You do have to make sure that the fake MoH source is the most preferred one in the MRGL of the devices you want to use that source.

Current versions of CUCM are also capable of having the MOH server itself join a multicast group to source the audio and then redistribute it as unicast. If the network does not have ASM deployed the source can just be within the same layer two boundary as the IPVMSA subscribers.