Views
Helpful
Replies

CIMC Reboot

silvervoip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I would like to have your comments/opinions. I lost my access to CIMC, cannot reach from WEB and cannot ping. I still have access to ESXi.  Network part has been checked and all okay so far.

1-) Can I reboot CIMC from ESXi?

2-) If option 1 is not possible, how can we do this in person? Is there any separate button for this action? I am planning ask help from a technician as DC is 8000km far away from me.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

I am not aware of any way to reboot the CIMC from a host operating system or hypervisor. I would recommend a couple things. First, you will want somebody at the server console to see what is going on. Second, smoothly shut the host down during a maintenance window. Have the DC tech disconnect the power from the host and let it sit at least 5 minutes. I have seen in older M3 servers where the CIMC froze and the power had to be disconnected for it to come back. After you reconnect the power, wait until all the LED's come back to indicate that the CIMC is alive. Then power the server on while you have someone at the physical console and see what things look like.

you can reboot the server from esxi.

Connect a monitor to the server and go to CIMC settings and check if you have proper settings. 

check your network setting for the port connecting CIMC port.

Response Signature

You might have better luck with this line of question in the Data Center part of the community.

Response Signature