Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8300 E164-Pattern-Maps Entry Limitation

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

Looking for some answers related to e164 entries on Cisco 8300 (C8300-1N1S-4T2X):

1. How many voice class e164-pattern-map are supported?
  2. How many e164 entries are supported under voice class e164-pattern-map using CLI?
  3. How many e164 entries are supported under voice class e164-pattern-map using .cfg file?

Below document lists that the .cfg file supports 5000 entries. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/ip-telephony-voice-over-ip-voip/211306-In-Depth-Explanation-of-Cisco-IOS-and-IO.html

Is there any updated limits on newer version and newer 8300 models?

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nitin,

Thank you for the response. I got the below response from GVE Team as well:

From internal confirmation of the Product Management team, they mention that memory is the bottleneck, each entry requires some amount of memory, overall memory utilization varies depending on what's defined across the entire config. CLI allows for up to 10000 voice class e164-pattern-map entries but the system is likely to run out before getting to that many.
The product management team used to put arbitrary limits on most of this type of config to guardrail against customers exhausting memory but as platforms have gotten to where they are today, those were removed in favor of allowing customers to self regulate and monitor overall system utilization.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

In version 16.09.02 on the ISR4351, I was able to add 5,000 entries to a single voice class e164-pattern-map using the CLI, not through the .cfg file. I haven’t tested if more entries can be added. It seems the limit you mentioned has increased with the latest versions, but there’s no documentation specifying the maximum. Therefore, I assume we need to test to determine the limit.

Response Signature

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nitin,

Thank you for the response. I got the below response from GVE Team as well:

From internal confirmation of the Product Management team, they mention that memory is the bottleneck, each entry requires some amount of memory, overall memory utilization varies depending on what's defined across the entire config. CLI allows for up to 10000 voice class e164-pattern-map entries but the system is likely to run out before getting to that many.
The product management team used to put arbitrary limits on most of this type of config to guardrail against customers exhausting memory but as platforms have gotten to where they are today, those were removed in favor of allowing customers to self regulate and monitor overall system utilization.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.