Replies

Cisco CUCM redial external call with Predigit 8

amalmichaelvj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

My scenario

===========

I have Cisco  4321 Voice Router with Cisco call Manager version 12.5. Gateway configured with MGCP Protocol. External PSTN inbound and outbound working fine without any challenge. We have to dial 8 and then dial the number for a external call. So as result i am not able to redial a miss call from my phone .While redialing there isn't 8. So calls are failing. 

My requirement

===============

How can i use redail ? Can i configure any calling number translation in gateway?

or

How can i translate the dialed number and add 8?

1. Add 8 before 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

On the gateway object this is where you would look at adding the prefix to the calling number for inbound calls.

image.png

If you'd like to go down the path of using calling transformation pattern(s) it would be by setting the CSS to use for this at this page or by defining the CSS on the device pool level. Then you'll need to create a transform to add the prefix.

image.png

Please have in mind the the partition and CSS used for transformations can never ever be mixed with normal call routing PTs and CSSs as that will cause issues with call routing.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

There is a number of ways to do this. You cannot do any modifications of numbers in the gateway itself as you use MGCP. You’ll need to look at functions in CM for this. There are settings on the gateway object in CM that can be used or you can use calling number transformation. These are just a couple of examples, there are more options.

Response Signature

I have an idea for you to redial the number that you receive from PSTN, you said that you need to use 8 before calling the PSTN number, and because of that you can't redial that number 

So the idea is to create a translation rule in your CUBE which adds 8 for the calling number and assigns it to the outbound dial-peer to CUCM, the result will be receiving the calling number plus the 8 which at the time you can redial the number directly 

The OP wrote that they are using MGCP. So they cannot do any translation of numbers in the gateway.

Response Signature

On the gateway object this is where you would look at adding the prefix to the calling number for inbound calls.

image.png

If you'd like to go down the path of using calling transformation pattern(s) it would be by setting the CSS to use for this at this page or by defining the CSS on the device pool level. Then you'll need to create a transform to add the prefix.

image.png

Please have in mind the the partition and CSS used for transformations can never ever be mixed with normal call routing PTs and CSSs as that will cause issues with call routing.

Response Signature

Another idea would be to translate the calling party information into +E.164 on the way into the network. Then you can add the appropriate dial plan entries to allow the +E.164 destinations to route out correctly when you attempt to call back a missed PSTN call.

Edit: The method I described above is my preferred configuration to deal with this. Even if the user dialing method uses a prefix like "8" in your case, I prefer to normalize that into +E.164 before routing the call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: