Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobile 8.0 for iPhone

f.giordano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just downloaded the new client for iPhone. I've read it supposed to work without CUMA

However, I didn't succeed to register the device on my CCM (7.1(3)).

I created a Basic Sip device with digest auth. and associated with the username.

Unfortunately, i have an error message during wizard setup " DEVICE CONFIGURATION NOT FOUND"

The software is asking for:

DEVICE ID: I've put the SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX

TFTP SERVER: CUCM@

SIP DIGEST USERNAME: I'v put the dn

SIP DIGEST PASSWORD: I'v put the dn

Any idea ?

THX

Fabian

60 Replies 60

No it's empty..I have been trying to figure out how to add

1) Go to CUCM > User Management > End User.  Find the user.  Make sure "Enable Mobility" checkbox was checked.

2) Go to CUCM > Device > Phone.  Find your iPhone.  You should be able to choose the user from "Mobility User ID" drop-down list.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Too funny i found the check box before i got our post.  Anyway thats done but the iPhone still does not connect.  The only thing the iPhone asks for is the device name (TCT4931) 4931 being the user ext.  and i have it pointed to our Sub.  I tried the sub and pub with no luck.  I dont know what i'm missing?  Btw; i did not check the voice mail part in the mobility box set up box.

I mean I didnt check Enable Mobile Voice Access but now its checked.  Still no joy

I'd recommend keeping the config as simple as possible to begin with, I found that the first time you're setting this all up it's surprisingly easy to break everything with a rogue setting somewhere when everything has been working so well up to that point.

Short of you posting us screenshots of your iPhone device setup in CUCM, along with the End User, you could always just scrap the TCT iPhone device and create a new one from scratch, follow the admin guide again, and don't continue onto anything featured from 'Setting Up Transfer of Active Calls Between Cisco Mobile 8.0 and the Desk Phone' onwards until you have the basic phone functionality working.

mikeyes5
Level 1
Level 1

Having trouble getting this to work on 7.1.3.

Have installed the add-on and rebooted the pub and sub.

Am trying to connect through VPN and Pix firewall.  Not sure if the PIX is causing the issue or not.

Those that got it to work on 7.1.3 were you on the same LAN as CM server or were you outside and through a firewall?

Thanks

Hi,

I was using the VPN client on the iPhone to an ASA if that helps...

Regards,

Darren.

Did you have to do anything in the ASA or make any exception, or inspect any traffic (SIP?) to make it work?

Thanks

I don't have access to the ASA, so not that I'm aware of...

I was unable to get the CM 8 client to work through a PIX. It will work through the Junos Pulse VPN client to a Juniper server. I believe it would also work through the native iPhone VPN clients.

Liam

I connect to a corporate VPN and then have a PIX between my VPN's enpoint and the CM server.  I really think it might be the source of the trouble.  I have turne SIP inspections off and have a firewall rule for full IP connectivity between the endpoint and the CM server.  The CM servers is not NAT's or anything werid.

Can't think of anything else to do (other than remove the PIX).

Hi,

I run into one strange  problem.I'm on CUCM 8.0.3.20000-2

I installed cop file-->restart cluster-->provisione TCTdevice-->associ. users-->...

But i still can't register.

I found under Iphone log files:

-- 2010-12-02 21:56:16.786 INFO [7cbc000]- [TCSoftphoneWrapper beginTinCanConfiguration:] - Download config file and parsing it. -- 2010-12-02 21:56:16.786 INFO [7cbc000]- [TCSoftphoneWrapper retrieveConfigFile:] - Retrieving the tftp configuration

-- 2010-12-02 21:56:16.827 DEBUG [7cbc000]- [TCSoftphoneWrapper retrieveConfigFile:] Cache Empty, retrieving the config file from the CallManager 192.168.154.50 -- 2010-12-02 21:56:37.774 INFO [7cbc000]- [TinCanController fileNotFound:] Error code: 28

-- 2010-12-02 21:56:37.776 INFO [7cbc000]- [TinCanController fileNotFound:] Error: Timeout was reached -- 2010-12-02 21:56:37.777 INFO [7cbc000]- [TinCanController fileNotFound:] Filename: tftp://192.168.x.x/TCTxxx.cnf.xml

-- 2010-12-02 21:56:37.782 INFO [7cbc000]- [TinCanController fileNotFound:] Critical file for registering not downloaded.

For those who manage to register Iphone TCTdevice do you have TCTxxx.cnf.xml inside CUCM tftp directory?

Thanks!

Reni

aalogin2009
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody know if cisco mobile 8.1 will work on the uc520?

Pretty sure we have cucme (express) and the docs say it needs cucm

It is possible to register Cisco Mobile to Call Manager Express.  If you open a support case specific to Call Manager Express they will help you configure this for the first time.  I appologize I do not know the specifics to accomplish this, I only know that it is possible.

Regards,

Jason

Hi everybody!

Which is the COP file for CUCM 7.1.3?

I understand that cmterm-iphone-install-100222.cop.sgn is for CUCM 8.0

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards.

Patricio