cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced - Importing Contacts CSV format?

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

The install & admin document tells you how to upload a file but it does not have any details on what the CSV file format needs to be.

I have attempting a few formats, but it states format is invalid when I try to upload.

Does anyone have a example of a valid contact CSV file for inserting new contacts to CUAC Advanced?

Install & Admin guide URL: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/cuaca/10_5_1/install_admin_guide/CUACA1051WAG.pdf

Gerry

6 Replies 6

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have sample template with details you filled in the file. Can you please share the same.

Br,

nadeem

P.S: Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Nadeem,

I don; have a file that imports successfully, so no point in sharing with you files taht don't work.

If you (or anyone!) have a sample file with 1-2 users that you can import successfully, please share.

Gerry

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gerry,

Did you try the "view sample file" option shown here?

Inserting Contacts To insert contacts from a CSV file, do the following: Step 1 Choose Bulk Administration > Insert Contacts. The Insert Contacts Configuration page appears. Step 2 Under Insert Contacts, select a file. Only files of the correct type are offered. You can use each CSV file in only one job. If you want, you can view the contents of the file (click View File) or the contents of a sample file (click View Sample File). Step 3 If required, edit the Job Description to give it a unique identity. Step 4 Select either Run immediately, to run the job when you click Save (Step 5), or Run Later, to run the job using the Job Scheduler, as described in Scheduling Contact Insertion and Updating, page 6-47. Step 5 Click Save. An insert contacts job is created.

From the doc you listed above

Cheers!

Rob

sn202019
Level 1
Level 1

I got around this problem by exporting a single number from CUAC, then I had a ready made CSV with an example. I then just added my contacts and deleted the exported number and uploaded the CSV to CUAC.

Chris 

Will Pettit
Level 1
Level 1

I'm migrating from an old cluster to a new one and having trouble uploading a valid csv file. Can you remember what the solution was? I've download the old import files from the old cluster, so I have the field headings correct, but not sure why it's not accepting it.

Edit: ignore me. I noticed the new version has some more field headings.

I encourage you to post your question in a separate post as well. We are all happy to help here, but a reply to an old post may not get noticed.

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: