cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Attendant Console Sync Issues

Joel Fox
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning. I have an issue where our Cisco Attendant Console operator cannot see any new users added to CallManager. Everything is syncing via LDAP, and all other applications (jabber, presence) are working properly, even with the new users.  When I log into the Unified Attendant Console Administration page, the first thing I checked was database management and tested the connection. We're good there. I then checked the service management, CUCM connectivity, and CUPS connectivity, all good there as well.

For troubleshooting, I compared a new user with a known good user that shows up in the AC directory. One thing that differed was the new user did not have a device association with her phone, so I added that. I ensured that she was in the Standard CTI Enabled group, and she was. I then ensured that her phone was in the CEACUser controlled devices list (Attendant Console Application User) and it was.  That's all I can think of on the Callmanager side.

Just to be sure I performed an LDAP sync withing callmanager. Once that was completed, on the CUAC server I performed a sync with callmanager. When that was completed I checked the contact management portion, and the new user still did not show up. I then stopped all CUAC services, repaired the database (didn't say it was corrupt, but I wasn't sure the last time it was done), and resync'd everything again. Still nothing. I'm not sure what else to check, as I had this thrown at me without prior knowledge of the new CUAC server/software.  The last think I can think of to do is purge the database and resync.  I imagine it's an SQL database of some sort because the default username of the database is sa.....  Any suggestions/tips/tricks to get the AC up to date?

CUAC System Version 10.5.1.10-3, Administration Version 10.5.1.606

CUCM System Version 10.5.1.10000-7

Thanks in advance!

8 Replies 8

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Joel,

There is a couple of things to make sure are configured -

I would check under System Configuration and Directory Source Management, is CCMSource enabled and AD/iplanet disabled.  Select ccmsource and make sure the directory sync is enabled and test your connection and try to perform a sync from there.  Also make sure that the auto sync options are enabled as well.

Let us know

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks,
Tony

Tony - Thanks for the info. I did check the Directory Sync (see below). All phones are set to the OS_internal_PT partition. You'll see that I have changed the sync time to start at 14:30:09, which is 6 minutes from now. We'll see what happens.

As for Directory source management, CCMSource is selected and Microsoft Active Directory and iPlanet are both disabled.

One thing I noticed, the phones that are for the new users were used by their predecessors. When I search for the old users in the CUAC server, the old users show up. I then checked callmanager, and they are not in there in any way...  I'll let you know what happens.

The update did not fix the issue unfortunately. Could it be something withing callmanager? I've looked everywhere possible, but the only thing I can think of to do now is purge and resync. My fear with that is purging it, then nothing will sync!

Hi Joel,

The Test Connection comes back successful, correct?  Can you set the route partition to "none" and then try a resync.  Do you have any directory rules setup?  If that doesnt work, can you provide the LDAP logs from the server? 

Hope this helps

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

the test connection did come back successful. Just out of curiosity, I created a new user, phone, extension, etc; still does not update.  I did change the route partition to "none", tried syncing, then putting it back to internal and applying, with no luck. 

As far as ldap logs, from which server? callmanager syncs with LDAP, and the AC server syncs with callmanager.  If you are referring to logs from callmanager, how would I go about getting those?

On your AC server, Program Files/Cisco, there is a logs folder and then an LDAP folder. 

Thanks,
Tony

Tony - Here are the logs from the ldap folder.  I included one SSLog from 10/1/2014, which appears to be the last time we officially synced. What I find interesting is that under Directory Source Management is that CCMSource is enabled, MS Active Directory ldap is disabled...  From reading the logs I can't make heads or tails of it to be honest. I would assume that because the AC server is syncing with CCM, which syncs with LDAP it shouldn't matter...

Tony - Thank you for all your help! I was finally able to get this contract under my CCO and was able to create a ticket with TAC. It turns out that there was a special character in the AC Application User password that it didn't like. We took out the special characters, and it synced right up. My TAC engineer stated that this is a common problem with this version of CallManager and CUAC.  Again thank you for your help; I at least learned a lot about the AC Console and server!

Joel