cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 8...Issues!

Was curious - is anyone NOT experiencing issues with CUPC in one way shape or form?

We implemented back in Sept. 2009 and through CUPC 7 and now 8 we've had tons of issues. The latest we have users report that CUPC randomly closes or causes performance issues with their PC. When talking to the TAC their answer is it's either Microsoft's fault OR it has something to do with the software that is installed. My issue with that is we are not a weird company...The only programs installed are really Microsoft Office, Firefox, Chrome, IE, and that's pretty much it. Even our previous IM clients (we've used Spark and Barracuda) had no issues...

Just to recap:

• We have users reporting performance issues - CUPC.EXE and/or CUCSF.EXE both take up to an average of 30% of more of the CPU EACH.
  • Users are reporting that when they type an IM they are experiencing a delay when typing of up to 5 seconds
  • Users are reporting CUPC closes for no apparent reason. In order to sign back in they have to kill CUCSF.EXE and then restart CUPC.

We're running a mixture of Windows XP 32BIT and Windows 7 x64 which are both having the issues.

Thoughts?

5 Replies 5

jfitterer
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing the same issues as you.  I have posted as well and have contacted TAC.    The issues are pretty debilitating when trying to rollout company wide.  I keep hearing about new version 8 and blah blah blah.  I just wish they would fix the issues in the version 8 that is out and then work on new product.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have seen issues although not these first-hand. What I have seen were video driver-related craziness and persona menu flakiness. CUPC and more to the point CSF are very immature technology IMO.

My only suggestion here is to involve your Cisco Account Manager. Cisco, like everyone else, pays attention to the loudest voice(s); yell louder. They certainly won't loose the account to MS Lync.

karl.miatke
Level 1
Level 1

This is pretty typical.  CUCSF is the cause and the upcoming 8.5 version doesn't get any better from what I hear.  We are using CUCIMOC integration with OCS.  CUCIMOC uses the same code in CUCSF.  We are pretty much going to have to wait on it, but Cisco is blowing their chance to put in CUPC.

Here we have cucm 8 and cupc 8 too. Although I have installed cupc for couple of users and it runs fine here, we were used to use cipc. Which version of cucm do you have running?

Thanks,

Thiago

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

FWIW, my users and I experience the same issues with CUPC 8.5.x (I'm currently experiencing HUGE typing lag, for instance), and Lync is looking more and more tempting every day.

Obviously here I am posting on this a year later, and obviously Cisco hasn't stepped up development of CUPC to address these issues, so what good can involving my account manager accomplish?

The software is very slow to load (often 30-40 seconds, and then another 15-20 to logon and be fully ready). I experience weirdness with chat windows closing... can be reproduced by opening an email so that it has focus just on top of a chat window... press ESC to close the email, and say goodbye to your conversation too. That's on top of the CPU hogging and the typing lag issues.

I believe a big part of why the app is slow is the custom GUI overlay it uses instead of standard OS UI controls and functions, but that's just my opinion.