cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity API variable misspellings

Jarrod Lash
Level 1
Level 1

I have built an application to automate deployment of various redundant cisco unity processes and have found an issue when trying to set a schedule for a call handler.

The documentation says that the field to do this is called SchduleSetObjectID.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unity_Connection_Provisioning_Interface_(CUPI)_API_--_Call_Handler_APIs

Whenever I use this field nothing appears in the XML of the call handler I updated.  I noticed the field name in the Call Handler is called ScheduleSetObjectID (notice the E in schEdule that is not in the xml request).  THIS DOES NOT MATCH UP WITH THE DOCUMENTATION!  When I try to submitting XML with the spelling changed to match what is in the database the API throws and error give a DATA EXCEPTION (see attached).  When I try submitting via the spelling in the API docs the API accepts the request but does not update the field.

Is this a undocumented bug within the Unity API?

Can anyone tell me what variable name I am supposed to use or provide another way I can update the schedule for a call handler via the API?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jarrod Lash
Level 1
Level 1

And I solved this myself.  Apparently there are two types of datasets in regards to schedules.  schedules and schedulesets.  I needed to assign a scheduleset to the call handler instead of schedule.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jarrod Lash
Level 1
Level 1

And I solved this myself.  Apparently there are two types of datasets in regards to schedules.  schedules and schedulesets.  I needed to assign a scheduleset to the call handler instead of schedule.