cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client ID Codes

ddwinters45
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am wanting to implement a system where a caller calls in and requires that they enter a customer ID number in order to route their calls to the proper person. So for instance, Company A has code 12345 and when they call in they are asked for this code. Their call would then be routed to their representative at ext. 1000. Company B has the code 67890 and so their call is routed to their representative at ext. 1001. Is this type of configuration possible. The only thing I seem to be able to find is IVR which only allows for single digit key presses.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What products, and versions, do you have to work with??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Like Jaime asked, need the products here.

But if you have CUCM and UCCX, you can achieve that easily with a script. In UCCX create a script with "get digit String" and match with a variable and redirect to the extension of group of numbers.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

I only have CUCM and CUC. Do I need to have UCCX to do this or do I have other options. I'm not opposed to getting it if I have to I just don't want to if I don't have to. I have been working on making what I want to happen work but I'm not sure if it will be successful at this point.

Then simply do the IVR as you thought, configure a call handler with a DN that matches each code you need, and set the transfer rules on each to send the call to the operator or whoever you want to get the call.

HTH

java

Okay, what I am missing then is how do I prompt the caller for their ID? Would I utilize something like a directory handler? This is sort of the route I had been going while I was awaiting a response but haven't quite figured it all out. 

Record a greeting asking them to enter their ID

HTH

java