cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS Export - Unable to download test wav file

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

I need to migrate some users off an old CUC cluster. COBRAS Export is giving me this error:

(error) in DownloadWAVFile on ConnectionWAVFiles:The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

Wireshark shows CUC sending a TLSv1 Handshake Failure message.

Based on https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications-infrastructure/unity-7-data-export-to-unity-9-using-cobras-tool-fails-quot/td-p/2522549, I looked in the Registry, but didn't find any Client subkey under HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\SSL 3.0

I did create a Client subkey here and left it empty, but that didn't help.

I have also tried running COBRAS Export with the /useCUMI and /SkipWavDownloadTest options, but that only downloads the users, not any .wav files or messages.

Any ideas?

COBRAS Export version 8.0.0.87

CUC version  9.1.2.10000-10

4 Replies 4

Are you migrating the users to a new version of CUC, or to something else? That is a much older (like end of support) version of CUC too, and the COBRAS version also sounds older.

Yes, I will migrate users to CUC 12.5.

I did upgrade to the latest COBRAS version, but that didn't help. I have used COBRAS many times over the years, and this is the first time I have run into this issue.

Is it possible that the certificates on the old CUC box have expired?

I am currently having the same issue - test export of the .wav fails. Tried on Win11, Win Srvr 2019, Win10. Latest COBRA and Informix. Admin on all boxes. Self signed certs are not expired yet (2027). A/V, Host firewalls, etc.. all disabled for testing with no change.

UPDATE: I found an old Win7 laptop that I was able to load up everything on and it worked flawlessly, no errors. I'm going to pursue the tool support and see if they want any captures or whatever to see if they can find what's going on.