Helpful
Replies

colaboration

shawnmic1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support,

please advise, need to implement the follwoing

whenever the call comes to huntpilot > greeting needs to play > which says press1 for ..., 2 dor ....,

if the user presses 1 then go to ext 111, but should play a greeting until the 111 picks the call.the ringing of the call should not be heared by the user.

the call (the greeting ) should continue until the user drops the call.

8 Replies 8

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Have you got something setup already or are you asking for how to do this?

Do you have UCCX or just CUCM/CUC?

i have cucm and cuc

i have already a huntpilot (000)> huntlist (001,002,003,004) all the phone rings then goes to vm if not answered.

but now they want a greeting to play when dialed 000, (this 000 can be forwed to vm, call callroute>

then system handler with input 1 goes to ext (001) > but when the call goes to 001 ext they want to hear the message not the normal ringtone. even if i change the ringtone to message the outside caller will never hear the message as ringtone.

please advise

Dear Expects,

Please comment on this, will unity solve my issue or i need cuccx or a third party imagicle ivr solution.

Hi,

Yes you can use CUC with CUCM. When CUC transfers the call to the extensions you can use supervisor transfer and before the user picks the call, the caller will hear music on hold and you can use your custom message as music on hold.

You can specify the network and user on hold on the voice mail ports create on CUC and if using trunk for SIP integration you can use it under common device configuration specified on the trunk.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagx/8xcucsag060.html

Go through the section "Call Transfer Settings"

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)

Hi Assem,

thanks for the reply, i have only one last question.when the call gets transferred to an extension from cuc, the extension in cucm will ring. but now when i assign a ringtone (as a message) to it, the internal callers (within my office) can hear it but the outside callers (pstn) cant hear the ringtone as message.

regarding the call transfer setting can you please ellobarte.

please advise.

Hi,

Can you make sure that the gateway has an MRGL assigned to it which contains an MRG containing an MOH server. Also, make sure you upload the file on all the MOH servers and restart the Cisco IP Voice media streaming application service.

Aseem

Hi Aseem,

my cucm itself is the mrg, software media services.

regarding the call transfer can you please explain bit more.

thanks 

Hi,

In regards to Call transfer in CUC, are you looking for anything in particular? If you want to know what kind of transfer unity supports then CUC has two modes of transfer:

• Release to Switch—Unity Connection puts the caller on hold, dials the extension, and releases the call to the phone system. When the line is busy or is not answered, the phone system—not Unity Connection—forwards the call to the user or handler greeting. This transfer type allows Unity Connection to process incoming calls more quickly. Use Release to Switch only when call forwarding is enabled on the phone system.
  • Supervise Transfer—Unity Connection acts as a receptionist, handling the transfer. If the line is busy or the call is not answered, Unity Connection—not the phone system—forwards the call to the user or handler greeting. You can use supervised transfer whether or not the phone system forwards calls.

You can set the transfer type to release to switch or supervise transfer under caller input on CUC or under transfer settings.

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)