cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Complex Collab Upgrade

jmcroberts
Level 1
Level 1

Planning a CUCM and CUC upgrade using the Fresh Import Install. It's version 11.5 and also has a UCCX 11.6 attached to it. Couple of questions.

1) Are you supposed to run the upgrade export on all the nodes in the cluster? Then on the install run the import install on all nodes? Even the subscribers?

2) How does this affect the UCCX. Can I move the CCX to the new cluster? It will likely have the same name but different IPs.

Thanks!!

3 Replies 3

I haven't done a fresh import install yet, but I am pretty sure that would just be on the publisher. CCX is more challenging. You can export configuration information, but things like scheduled reports are harder to do. Is there a particular reason that you don't want to upgrade the existing VM's?

Yeah.  CCX is really my main concern.  We are moving from 11.5 to 15.  VM sizing is all wrong and have moved from older versions.  From what I ready this is the best way to upgrade.

It depends. Scheduled and custom reports are the hardest part to export from CCX. If you don't have a lot of that and your configs aren't too complex, CCX could be built fresh. The fresh import on CUCM should work fine.