Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC and Expressway-C/E Resizing

silvakizir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to everyone.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-software-requirements.html#resize_vm

According to the above document it says that "Adding vCPU is supported for all apps except Unity Connection".

In case I need to remove 1 vCPU in CUC 14 and go from 1,000 users with 2vCPU to 1,000 users with 1vCPU the recommended way is to backup the CUC, deploy the new VM for 1,000 users with 1vCPU and do a restore?

silvakizir_0-1678781866408.png

Also if I have Small Expressway-C/E X14 and I want to go to Medium Expressway-C/E can I just shut down the VM, increase the vRAM from 4 to 6 and power it on and it is done?

silvakizir_1-1678781926856.png

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The answer to your first question is found in the document you shared.

“Removing virtual hardware resources (vCPU, vRAM, vDisk, etc.) is not supported (similar to moving from a more powerful server to a less powerful server, such as MCS 7845 ? MCS 7825). These migrations require backing up the application, reinstalling on a new OVA file, and and restoring the application.”

For your other question, yes you can do that, but it’s not just the memory that is needed to be changed. You’d also need to modify the base speed of the CPUs.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

For CUC Take a backup  rebuild server using proper OVA restore the backup.

For expressway the CPU frequency also a factor  and just increasing the ram will not help. Take a backup redeploy and select the right deployment type and restore the backup.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

The answer to your first question is found in the document you shared.

“Removing virtual hardware resources (vCPU, vRAM, vDisk, etc.) is not supported (similar to moving from a more powerful server to a less powerful server, such as MCS 7845 ? MCS 7825). These migrations require backing up the application, reinstalling on a new OVA file, and and restoring the application.”

For your other question, yes you can do that, but it’s not just the memory that is needed to be changed. You’d also need to modify the base speed of the CPUs.

Response Signature

For CUC Take a backup  rebuild server using proper OVA restore the backup.

For expressway the CPU frequency also a factor  and just increasing the ram will not help. Take a backup redeploy and select the right deployment type and restore the backup.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: