cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC error "No AXL Remote or LDAP Servers were found. A Unified Communications Manager and/or LDAP Directory server integration is required to import users."

ccg-collab1
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

We are trying to convert the Directory Numbers from our Call Manager from 8 digits to 4 digits and since we will perform it, we will want to synchronize this change to CUC also. Upon checking the CUC, we cannot import any users from the CUCM and we are getting an error "No AXL Remote or LDAP Servers were found. A Unified Communications Manager and/or LDAP Directory server integration is required to import users."

As per checking the the configuration of axl in cuc, the settings are properly configured.

CUCM version is 10.5(2)SU3a

CUC version is 9.1.1.20000-32

Appreciate your assistance on this encountered issue.

Thank you,

10 Replies 10

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you click on "Test" next to the port number, does it pass successfully?

The username / password used on this page should be one of the admin users on cucm.

Check that AXL Web service is started on cucm, try restarting it once if possible.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the response. We actually want to try that unfortunately the test button is grayed out. Its really weird. username and password configured on that page is correct. I am still searching other information about this. Additional information, we run utils diagnose test on the CUC CLI and we found an errror for Cisco Tomcat.

test - tomcat_memory : Failed - Tomcat's memory usage is unusually high. Use the 'utils diagnose module tomcat_heapdump' command to generate a memory dump for further analysis. Note, creating the memory dump will increase CPU usage and disk I/O for several minutes. Web services will also be disabled while the memory dump is generated.

Thank you so much,

Kier

If a core has been generated recently then you can open a TAC case to investigate any bug. However, you can try doing a Tomcat restart via CLI "utils service restart Cisco Tomcat" and see if that helps as well for the webpage issues.

HTH

Manish

Hello Manish,

I think we are hitting a bug which is affecting the integration of CUCM and CUC due to backward compatibility of versions. See link below.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun04092/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

When testing the AXL servers and the error "Failed to send message to remote AXL server. Please check error log for more details." is received, this occurs when integrating CUCM 10.x with CUC 9.1.2 SU2 or below. I also checked the AXL logs and found same ERROR and WARN messages.

We would either upgrade CUC to 9.1.2 SU3 or 10.x but we will try it first in our lab environment.

Thank you for the support.

Kenneth

Hi Kenneth,

That seems to be the right bug. You are right, upgrading Unity Connection to 9.1.2 SU3 or higher would be an easy fix.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thank you so much for the assistance and information. We will try to test and upgrade the CUC to 9.1.2 SU3 on a lab basis and will just update this forum about the result.

Thanks again guys.

Kier

Hi Manish,

As Kier stated, the Test button is grayed out yesterday, so I tried to check on it again today. And the result was "Failed to send message to remote AXL server. Please check error log for more details."

Please see below captured image. Where can we check for the error logs?

Leszek Wojnarski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To verify if the AXL is working on your CUCM servers you can enter the following URL into web-browser, it will popup authentication window, so you will be able to verify if the user configured has an access to AXL.

https://10.44.177.21:8443/axl/

https://10.44.177.22:8443/axl/

The result of this should be something like this:

Leszek

Hi Leszek,

Thank for the additional information. We will try that and inform you the result.

Kier

Hi Leszek,

I have done this and it is verified that AXL is working in our CUCM. The result we got is the same as yours. Please see below.

Thank you.

Kenneth