cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC MWI not turning off after checking in o365

zacforster1
Level 1
Level 1

it was brought to my attention today that voicemail to email is no longer cancelling the MWI on the users phone when they read or delete the voicemail in Microsoft o365. this function used to work and it was just brought to my attention today. We did have to rebuild our primary UC cluster last week and i am guessing a configuration was missed when it was placed back into service.

MWI's work correctly when the users check voicemail using their IP set and the MWI on/off numbers are functioning correctly.

any assistance would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

MWI's work correctly when the users check voicemail using their IP set and the MWI on/off numbers are functioning correctly.

Is the message in Exchange marked read when a user does this through the TUI? It should be a bi-directional process.

What about the test button on the Unified Messaging Accounts page of the mailbox? Does it return any errors.

Assuming there isn't an obvious error, the first thing I would do is re-complete the steps outlined in the configuration guide to ensure everything is setup - including permissions delegation - correctly. There are a lot of steps to this, including certificate trusts, that need to be completed.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/11x/unified_messaging/b_11xcucumgx/b_11xcucumgx_chapter_01.html

Thanks for the reply, Jonathan,

The message in Exchange is marked read when checked through the TUI. No errors are returned when the test button is pressed through the UMA page either. I also ran the "Synchronize all MWI's on this phone system" from the Telephony Integrations - Phone Systems page to no avail.

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

Did you ever get this resolved?  I have the same issue sporadically with random users.