cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Subscriber Install Issue

K L
Level 4
Level 4

I’m running into an issue installing the secondary/subscriber Unity Connection (CUC) server at a client. It keeps on failing the validation and not allowing me to continue:

I have removed and re-setup the server on the Primary/Publisher CUC using both hostname and IP address 3 times now to no avail. I can ping the server being installed from the Publisher/Primary without issue. Other Pub/Sub servers between the subnets installed without issue.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I could try next? Has anyone seen this before?

Any help much appreciated!

----------------------------------------
Cisco UC Architect
20 Replies 20

Hi,

I had same problem and fixed with above roll back solution but it didn't validate and give error "could not connect publisher via tcp port" so I tried third time and then it worked.

Regards,

The backout and reboot worked for me too on a CUCM 12.5 server that had the same baffling issue.

Here we are 5 years later and I ran into the same issue installing UCCX 12.5. 

After 2 days of working with our network team and getting different IPs and DNS records created I did the steps you mentioned and after the second attempt it WORKED!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Rob Garcia

I came across this exact same error with CER ver 12.5 Subscriber and unfortunately backing out / shutting vm did not resolve our issue.

After a few days of troubleshooting and working with our network team and Cisco TAC, we ended up deleting both vm's (PUB/SUB). Recreating and going through the CER (Pub/Sub) install again resolved our issue - nothing was changed.  Such an odd issue.

Great troubleshooting suggestion though. This post helped point us in the right direction!

Thanks!

Diana

Came across this 8.5 years later while setting up a subscriber node of Cisco Unity Connection 12.5.1.14900-45. Spent all day trying everything but it just would not work, regardless of what I tried.
Thought you must be joking with the "Back" button hack but the setup immediately succeeded after doing what you described. What in the..? Whoever designs those bugs gets +100 points for creativity on this one.

Thank you.

mike-lonneman
Level 1
Level 1

First post here in the Cisco forums...

We ran into this same issue in our Production environment when upgrading from CUCM 11.5 to 12.5(1)SU8.  We got to the IM&P node and it threw the same error. What's odd is that we did not encounter this when upgrading the same version/system configuration in our Dev environment.

We did the 'back' button "hack", powered down VM and powered back on and setup also successfully completed!  Thanks for whoever found this.  It saved us a bunch of time!

mikelonneman_0-1715404838502.png