cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC - Uses 1000 users ova template for 1100 users?

samhopealpha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

According to http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/supported_platforms/10xcucspl.html

If I select the OVA template for "Virtual Platform Overlay for up to 1,000 Users"
- Does it mean the user account and mailbox in CUC cannot exceed 1000 uesrs ?

If I have 1100 uesrs and very very low usage of voicemail, can I still using this "CUC 1000 user" OVA template?

Thanks in advance

Sam 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per my understanding , exceeding the number of users speciied in the OVA will not throw up any errors. However, since the product has been tested with certain parameters for optimum performance , exceeding the specified limit is not recommended and most likely will not be supported by TAC in case of any performance issues.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Manish is correct (+5), you could add as many users as you can (assuming sufficient licensing), however that would be considered un-supported. So, if you ran into any issues TAC might refuse assistance. Keep in mind that another limiting factor of specific OVA template is the supported number of voicemail ports.

I suggest you install the 5,000 user OVA.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per my understanding , exceeding the number of users speciied in the OVA will not throw up any errors. However, since the product has been tested with certain parameters for optimum performance , exceeding the specified limit is not recommended and most likely will not be supported by TAC in case of any performance issues.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Manish is correct (+5), you could add as many users as you can (assuming sufficient licensing), however that would be considered un-supported. So, if you ran into any issues TAC might refuse assistance. Keep in mind that another limiting factor of specific OVA template is the supported number of voicemail ports.

I suggest you install the 5,000 user OVA.

I agree with Chris, go for the 5000 user OVA.

Manish