Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCI-Lync unable to access registry keys

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Got a customer who can't get CUCI-Lync to start properly. CUCI-Lync version is 8.5(2) integrated with CUCM 6.1(3) (I've installed the COP file to enable the Cisco Unified Service Framework device type).

Customer has created registry keys under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData

However, when starting CUCI-Lync, we receive the following error messages in the log files:

2011-06-17 11:03:36,029 INFO [main-0 ] [RegistryConfigProvider] [RegistryConfigProviderImpl.setAdminRegistryKey(198)] - Setting Config Registry key to : Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData

2011-06-17 11:03:36,029 DEBUG [main-0 ] [RegistryConfigProvider] [RegistryConfigProviderImpl.getAllRegistryValues(140)] - Entering getAllRegistryValues

2011-06-17 11:03:36,029 DEBUG [main-0 ] [RegistryConfigProvider] [RegistryConfigProviderImpl.getAllRegistryValues(145)] - config data has not been fetched yet, auto fetching it

2011-06-17 11:03:36,030 DEBUG [main-0 ] [RegistryConfigProvider] [RegistryConfigProviderImpl.retrieveNativeRegistryValues(85)] - Entering retrieveNativeRegistryValues for Registry Tree Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData

2011-06-17 11:03:36,057 DEBUG [main-0 ] [RegistryConfigProvider] [RegistryConfigProviderImpl.retrieveNativeRegistryValues(122)] - registry data set has NO data!

2011-06-17 11:03:36,058 DEBUG [main-0 ] [ConfigService] [ConfigServiceCoreImpl.getRegistryDataForSpecificTree(702)] - Did not find config data for Registry Tree: Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData

2011-06-17 11:03:36,058 DEBUG [main-0 ] [ConfigService] [ConfigServiceCoreImpl.getRegistryDataForSpecificTree(708)] - Exiting getRegistryDataForSpecificTree

Looks like for whatever reason the client can't get access to the registry? Anybody got any thoughts? I've double checked and the registry keys are definitely in the right place as defined in the installation guide.

Thanks. Barry

9 Replies 9

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a reach but is it possible the registry keys have a permissions problem preventing them from being read?

Are the they the correct type (REG_SZ)?

What happens if you export/import the hive under HKCU\Software\Policies. I have CUCILync 8.5(1) working with the keys at that location.

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the quick reply; appreciated.

I've already asked the question about registry permissions myself. I'll get them to move the keys under the Policies subkey instead and see if it makes any difference.

P.S. Not sure how you only ended up with 3 stars. I did click on all 5. Probably IE9.

P.P.S I give up. Can't give you any more than 3. Must be a friday afternoon thing.

Mark H
Level 1
Level 1

Barry,

Is this CUCILync crashing immediately on starting up? If so, does this computer also have Microsoft's Forefront TMG Client installed? If so, remove it and then try it out.

I've seen an issue where CUCILync crashes on starting up and logs similar errors regarding the registry. Removing the TMG client cleared it up.

Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for the response. I will check and post back.

Barry

Customer didn't have the TMG client installed.

Short update from Cisco:

==

As per the case notes, your CUICLync Client Services Framework 8.5.2 is not opening up. I think we are hitting the defect CSCtj84290 and which is fixed in the version 8.5.1, can you please try to install this version and check if you face the same issue. Let me know on how it goes or if you have any queries on this.

==

I can't see CSCtj84290 on Bug Toolkit (it's not available externally), and seems strange that a bug is fixed in a *previous* version. However, we've tried 8.5(1) and that doesn't work either....

More when I get it from Cisco just in case anyone else hits this problem.

Barry

Quick update. This issue has been sent to product development as the original TAC team can't work out what is going wrong. Always nice when these things don't end up being on of those "slap your forehead and shout DOH!" moments.

Barry

This issue is now solved by re-updating the Registry keys. This was done by downloading the Admin package from the CCO and running it again.

--Rajamani

I'm in the same situation that you. My CUCILync application doesn't start with Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2. In fact, the Cisco applet is not even shown on the screen.I already tried the latest release 8.5.3 but nothing is changing. I saw that in the Admin package, there no more the initial CUCFSServiceFramework.reg file. Can I take the 8.5.2 one combinated with the 8.5.3 AdminData?

We use Windows XP SP3.

A SR is opened at Cisco in order to get a good support. I think they stuck somewhere...

Regards.

Hi Martin,

Can you please let me know what exactly you mean by "Cisco Applet is not even showing on the screen", do you mean that on the bottom of the MOC client, you dont even see the Plugin on the screen. You can use the same registry file. Can you please tell me what is the SR number too

Regards

Raj

Perfect. Here the Cisco SR #61909117. In fact, I found the issue but I've no reasonable explanation. The CUuciLync applet / plugin was not even shown on the bottom of the MOC 2007 client. I asked to the Domain Admins to reset completely my roaming profile (AD user account) in order to start from 0. Only then, the CuciLync application could start and be used.

Can anyone tell me what kind of rights we need in order to perform a smooth migration of CuciLync?

I mean, a normal Windows NT user must have what kind of right / privileges to use CuciLync at 100%.

Other part, CuciLync integrates Click-to-Call. Honestly, I don't believe that C2C is stable and reliable in a production environment. What are your feedbacks?

Thanks.