Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5.1 and BE6000

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I have a friend who is running full CUCM 10.5.1 and he purchased a UCS C22 M3BE server running 11.0 BE. He is under the impression that these 2 boxes can connect and he can make the UCS C22 the subscriber to the publisher running CUCM. I told him that this isn't possible because they are 2 different version and one is full and one is BE.I wanted to know would it be possible to wipe the BE box and then install full CUCM and then make it a subscriber.

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

You are correct, all servers in a cucm cluster need to be on same version. If you do a fresh install of cucm 10.5.1 on BE box it will be like any specs based cucm and can be added as subscriber to any cluster. Please ensure that the OVA is matching with the Publisher as it is highly recommended.

Manish

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

You are correct, all servers in a cucm cluster need to be on same version. If you do a fresh install of cucm 10.5.1 on BE box it will be like any specs based cucm and can be added as subscriber to any cluster. Please ensure that the OVA is matching with the Publisher as it is highly recommended.

Manish