Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5.1 - RTMT - TVSThreadsExhausted

Quintin.Mayo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We are receiving the below RTMT alert but unable to find any information related to the warning.  Can anyone advise anything for this behavior.

UTC : %UC_SERVICEMANAGER-2-ServiceFailed: %[ServiceName=Cisco Trust Verification Service][Reason=Service stopped abruptly][AppID=Cisco Service Manager][ClusterID=][NodeID=XXXXXXXXXX]: Service terminated.
AppID : Cisco Syslog Agent
ClusterID :
NodeID : XXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Hi Quintin,

Were you able to solve the problem?

No, unfortunately.

Nathan Grovhoug
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same problem with our service. No explanation as to why it is is restarting/failing. 

RAustin70
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting the same error.  So when I did a trace collection on the TVS around that time I saw that one of my Subscribers is trying to check for a TVS certificate for one of my TFTP servers, but it is not the correct certificate as I have renewed it back in April.  Thinking about rebooting the cluster and seeing if that clears it up and updates the certificate in the cache.

Meraj Ali
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Would recommend gathering TVS logs and opening a TAC case. Its usually IP phones trying to register but failing and ultimately leading to TVS threads being exhausted.

You'll see something like "debug ERROR:tvs_wheel_handler: thread may be stuck in handshake.Remote IP address is: x.x.x.x" showing you IP address of such phones.