Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5 ESXi Configuration

Juraj Papic
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I have a cisco ucs 6000 with a cucm 12.5.x, the esxi has two (2) interfaces configured vnic0 for vlan 9(mgmt Ip 192.168.9.0/24) and vnic1 vlan50(services IP 192.168.50.0/24) when Im doing the start up for the ucs Im requested to configured DNS this DNS Ip are 192.31.0.241, 192.31.0.242. My question on the switch side the customer should have the port configured with trunk mode or I sould have any special config on the esxi?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please check this post for detailed information:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/configure-esxi-6-5/m-p/3948568#M161133

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reece
Level 1
Level 1

You'd be better teaming your vSwitches to both vmnics, and yes then connecting them to a port-channel on one or more switches.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It depends on will be hosted on the UCS server.  If all virtual machines will be in the same subnet then you can setup them as access ports on switch side and on the ESXi side add all interfaces to the same vSwitch.  If you will have virtual machines hosted across multiple subnets then you need to configure trunk on switch side.  As far as what the IP address of you DNS server is, assuming that is hosted somewhere else it has no bearing as that's just another destination your CUCM needs to get to among others.  The goal here is to ensure your UC apps have full network access to external destinations.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please check this post for detailed information:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/configure-esxi-6-5/m-p/3948568#M161133

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: