cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 14SU2 OS Admin - No options available in Install/Upgrade

networksupport1
Level 1
Level 1

Last weekend we upgrading from CUCM 11.5 to 14SU2 and when I went to run the post-install COP file, I was greeted with the following image. It looks just like the functioning one on my CUC and CER servers, except everything is grayed out and there is a "cancel" button that doesn't do anything. Has anyone seen this or have any tips? I have a TAC ticket open but we haven't made any progress on this yet.

networksupport1_0-1683656667895.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

networksupport1
Level 1
Level 1

I eventually figured it out on my own. Pretty silly but I guess I needed to go into "Cluster Software Location" and set the defaults before it would let me run upgrades normally. This was only necessary on CUCM and CUPS, our CER and CUC servers did not need this step.

networksupport1_0-1684355411476.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Celso Silva
Level 1
Level 1

you may want to try to cancel this from CLI?

utils system upgrade cancel

and if it doesn't change the status from GUI then restart Cisco Tomcat?

utils service restart cisco tomcat

So if i assume the upgrade to 14SU2 went through. And when you try to install the COP you are not getting any option to select the path. The status must show ready.

NithinEluvathingal_1-1683698309445.png

From the screenshot you shared i assume you are trying to install COP file on Subscriber. And in Pub you tried install/upgrade or install/upgrade cluster option ?

NithinEluvathingal_0-1683698201584.png

If its install/upgrade

Response Signature

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Everything is mentioned in the screenshot ...

networksupport1
Level 1
Level 1

I eventually figured it out on my own. Pretty silly but I guess I needed to go into "Cluster Software Location" and set the defaults before it would let me run upgrades normally. This was only necessary on CUCM and CUPS, our CER and CUC servers did not need this step.

networksupport1_0-1684355411476.png

There was nothing to "figure out". As already mentioned, this was stated in the first screenshot you have posted^^ And @Nithin Eluvathingal also told you what to do in detail. But if you don't want to or are not able to read or follow instructions from others, nobody can help you.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-18 um 08.17.53.png