cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1.2 The system is operating with an insufficient number of licenses. If additional licenses to cover the shortage are not configured in your Enterprise License Manager within 55 days..

ciscoceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When i connect to the CUCM i see the follow error:

The system is operating with an insufficient number of licenses. If additional licenses to cover the shortage are not configured in your Enterprise License Manager within 55 days, you will no longer be able to provision users and devices.

My question is if after the 55 day period i will have any problem with the user or phones configuredm and which are in production, and what happens exactly when finish this period?

Thanks Anna.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Anna,

Buying the additional licenses would be the only and correct solution.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

Yes, either delete, or modify, the config to only use the licenses you actually have paid for, will make the warning go away.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anna,

At the conclusion of the grace period, Unified Communications Manager enforces non-compliance with the following service degradation:

• Devices and Users cannot be provisioned. Changing the configuration of a user that affects licensing (For example: the Enable IM and Presence and the Enable Mobility check boxes) is not allowed.

• Devices and Users cannot be de-provisioned. Any configuration changes that involve licensing (For example: disabling IM and Presence or Mobility) is allowed.

Manish

Many thanks Manish,

Two questions: And create new ip phone or user it is possible. Wich solutions i have?

thanks Anna

As mentioned in point one you can not provision new users and devices as they need licenses. There is no alternative method to create devices when you are in grace period.

Manish

Thanks Manish,

then, i could delete unnused users to get more licenses or buy more licenses to solve my problem?

Thanks

Hi Anna,

Buying the additional licenses would be the only and correct solution.

Manish

Thanks Manysh,

i am sorry but i don´t understand you as well,

1)Now, i have  55 days with "grace-period". at this mommment can i made new users or devices or make changes configurations? (For example: the Enable IM and Presence and the Enable Mobility check boxes)

If i delete users i win more licenses?

2)when finish "grace period", Would i create new users or devices?, would i change users configuratios? ( (For example: disabling IM and Presence or Mobility)

(Sorry for my persistent)

thanks Anna

Hi Anna,

Within the grace period you can make additions and deletions. Once the grace period is over you can not.

Manish

Thanks Manish,

There is a thing i can not understand. If customer decides not to buy new licenses, why the system not permit do deletions or additions? it is not so logical neither fair.

am i right?

thanks Anna.

Hi Anna,

Simply put, you are being asked to buy licenses for the users and devices which are being provisioned on cucm. That's how it works and i believe it is logical enough. The grace period actually gives you the opportunity to test the system before buying and applying the licenses which is a good option.

Manish

Hello Manish

Ahh! then you mean that we can not modify or create the users or devices that exceed the number of licenses purchased by customer when "grace-period" finish? 

Thanks Anna.

No, this is simple and straighforward

If you do not have enough licenses for the WHOLE system, then once those 60 days are gone, NO CHANGES, WHATSOEVER; to ANYTHING in the system, will be possible. You'll be locked down in a read only mode, and you can only fix that buying more licenses at that point. 

Removing users/devices is no longer an option at that point, as you cannot do absolutely any administration tasks.

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime,

One question,  if i delete users/devices before the 60 days are gone, the error would dissapear?

I am not sure but i think the customer doesn´t spend money in new licenses.

Regards Anna,

Yes, either delete, or modify, the config to only use the licenses you actually have paid for, will make the warning go away.

HTH

java

We have the same problem . We get the following message

The system is operating with an insufficient number of licenses. If additional licenses to cover the shortage are not configured in your Cisco Prime License Manager within 55 days, you will no longer be able to provision users and devices.

BUT we have 3 time less employees now that the licence we had so there is something wrong with the CISCO CUCM. How can i fix it?