Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm 9.x licensing question

Nkechi Latunji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am migrating to 9.x from 8.6 and wanted to find out about licensing. We currently have 500 CUWL Standard and 30 essentials license. The License count utility recommended 457 Enhanced and 5 CUWL standard. We also have over 800 unused DLUs

When is a CUWL standard license used up?

When is an Enhanced license used up?

Our environment use Extension Mobility which is no longer a licensed feature in 9.1, not all users have their user device profiles defined as control profiles under EM for their user profiles. Some users have device association but a majority of the users do not have that configured in their user profile.

We use jabber for desktop and mobile (iphone and ipad) configured for about 15 users but plan to roll it out to all users (about 400), what licensing feature will this use up? When setting up devices for jabber desktop (CSF device) and iphone (TCT device) in CUCM is it necessary to associate a primary phone?

In future we plan to roll out cisco telepresence endpoint. Is the recommendation by the license count utility accurate?

Thanks

Nki

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, becuase that is how ELM will track it.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUWL is used when you have 3 or more (up to 10) devices used by a user (owner ID on the device).

Enhanced is used for users with up to 2 devices.

If you purchased CUWL, you should say with CUWL when you migrate.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Your response was very helpful. looks like i will need 3 devices per user (CSF, TCT and TAB) in my network setup and continue with the CUWL Standard. If I do not assign owner ID on these devices is it going to be an issue?

Yes, becuase that is how ELM will track it.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris