cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM adding a MGCP, receiving a web page error.

Trying to add a MGCP in my home lab. However when defining the PRI in the webpage and hitting save, the error on the webpage is "Access to the requested resource has been denied". Any suggestions on what would be the corrective action? 

marknowicki665923445_0-1620528116880.jpeg

6 Replies 6

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Make sure you are login with administrator account or your login account should have correct admin roles and groups. 

Restart Cisco tomcat and RIS services.

Hope it will resolve your issue but mainly it’s a bug.

Couple of defects related to this on 10.5.2 version

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut91147/?reffering_site=dumpcr

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut08386/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Pls rate if helpful. If this answered your questions click “Accept As Solution”.

Sadav Ansari

Hi Sadav,

Appreciate you taking time to respond. 

I did try stop/start of the Cisco Tomcat service as you suggested. There is no Cisco RIS Data Collector running on this server. Don't know if it matters but it's not one of the possible selections. 

Unfortunately I'm still getting the same error.

I am logged in as the administrator which was created when I installed the system. I'm running CUCM 12.0. It's the freeware cisco offers. For now I'll just have to stick with configuring the H323 gateway until I figure out why MGCP adding correctly. 

Thanks again! 

Hello Mark,

Unfortunately this is a bug check the below link for your reference.

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvq72898

If this answered your question, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION"
If you find this response useful, please mark it as "HELPFUL"

Can you share the exact CUCM versions. Ex:- 12.5.1.10000-22. I can  test it  on my lab. 

Response Signature

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check below solution also as suggest by by our community member.

The issue can occur if any of the text field on the Add End User Pagecontains the string HREF. Adding/modifying a user with letters HREF in name triggers the error. The string "HREF" denotes an HTML attribute specifying the location of a Web resource. This is a string that is not allowed due to security protocols. The issue is documented by Cisco Bug ID CSCsu99802.  To solve the issue, try not to use HREF within the string of the username or devicename being added.

Pls rate if it’s Helpful. If this answered your question clear “Accept As Solution”.

Sadav Ansari

What version of CUCM are you using ?  Bug ID CSCvh61031 looks close to your issue.

The account which you used for login should have the below role.

Standard CCM Gateway Management

Allows you to perform the following tasks in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration:

• View and configure gateway templates in the Bulk Administration Tool
  • View and configure gatekeepers, gateways, and trunks

Response Signature