Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM HA cluster failaing, user not found in database

Per Hultman
Level 1
Level 1

Hey

I have problems getting my HA cluster working. I have two Cisco 8945 phones and they are registered to cucm-pub and cucm-sub1. When active on the cucm-pub server they indicate having cucm-sub1 as a standby server. But when i disconnect cucm-pub from the network the phones are unable to register with cucm-sub1. Wireshark says they find the server through DNS but cannot establish connection because of "404 error  user not found in database"

The phones and devices seem to have followd through to cucm-sub1 from cucm-pub when i check the web interface and all the cluster settings with cucm-group and device pools seems okej to.

Any suggestions? : )

Thanks in advanced!

//Per

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Per,

What is the callmanager version?

Is the replication status good ( 2 ) on both the servers?

Have you tried replicating the issue on a site that is local to the servers to rule out any network issues?

Try restarting the TFTP and Database layer monitor services on both servers and see if the issue persists.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Per,

What is the callmanager version?

Is the replication status good ( 2 ) on both the servers?

Have you tried replicating the issue on a site that is local to the servers to rule out any network issues?

Try restarting the TFTP and Database layer monitor services on both servers and see if the issue persists.

HTH

Manish

I agree with Manish, this sounds like a database replication issue. Take a look at this document for some guidance on what commands to run:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13672

If the DB looks good, bounce the CallManager process on the subscriber and try again. I have seen defects in the past (you don't specify a version) where the CCM process stops reading updates from the DB.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks to you both for the fast response the problem have now been resolved.

I did not know about the reporting section of the DB replication status in CUCM and as you both were in to it showed some errors there. I have come to the conclusion that there have been some problems with reverse lookup in DNS during the installation and though this was fixed in the DNS part after the installation of CUCM it still eld to some serious errors and so i did a reinstallation of sub1 and now it works just fine with no errors during installation or DB replication.

FYI i have CUCM version 9.2.

Thanks again!

/Per

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: