Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM SFTP/FTP fails "the process results could not be determind"

ArSh21
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I'm trying to upload firmware for IP Phones to CUCM (v8.6) using SFTP (also tried FTP) but it keeps failing:

LPI CUCM STFP.png

Any clue what might be causing this error ?

Thanks!

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That will never work, you do NOT use an absolute path for the directory, you use a relative path.

Configure the root directory for whatever FTP/SFTP you're using, drop the file in that directory, all that in whatever OS/program you're using for FTP/SFTP, and in CUCM just use ./ or .\ depending on the FTP/SFTP

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Unfurtunately even ./ .\ give the same results. 

I tested from the CLI and it shows this error: 

drfCliMsg: Unable to save Backup Device successfully. Update failed : Unable to access SFTP server. Please verify SFTP permissions.

Executed command unsuccessfully

When I test from my laptop it works fine. 

Test your credentials with a regular FTP/SFTP client on a computer, such as with FileZilla.

Response Signature

I tested the credentials, they work fine on my computer but CUCM keeps giving the same error 

When you do connect in the client what path do you see then in the UI? See this screenshot as an example of how it looks when I connect to one of our SFTP servers.

image.png

As the path is relative, you'd need to know what to enter in CM as it would need to be relative to where you'd be connected. For example for our setup it would be /FTP_Folder/CUCM as that's where we keep our CM files.

Response Signature

it is like this :

winscp.png

Try with just a / in the CM page for the directory path and set the protocol used to SFTP.

However I think you might have the wrong file on your SFTP server as it should AFAIK be named .cop. What you seem to have is a .loads file and that is what is used in CM once you have installed the firmware from the COP file.

Response Signature

I still get the same error:

lpi error.png

Can you please share the configuration of your SFTP server?

Response Signature

Screenshot 2022-03-30 154218.png

That looks like it could be SolarWind SFTP service? We also use that and the settings you have looks very similar to ours.

image.png

I don't have anymore ideas on what could be at fault for you.

Response Signature

As Java wrote you can not use a path that is formatted as you have in your screenshot. How would the CM know what D is? That’s a reference in the MS OS world. What your doing from the webUI is instructing your CM to execute a function, your not uploading it from your client computer into the CM. I hope that this clears out your confusion with this.

Response Signature