Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Tomcat service Not starting

salin subran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am facing another issue with CUCM 7.1, i am not able to view the GUI interface.

When i check the service i came to know that Cisco Tomcat service is not starting, Please advice.  I have done the below

1) Tried to restart the service through CLI

utils service restart Cisco Tomcat.

2) restarted Server.

3)tried Utils diagnose fix

All above gives me no luck

Best Regards,

Sal

8 Replies 8

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would try to reboot the server using cucm' recovery disk.

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

I dont have recovery Disk for CUCM 7.1, is there any source to download from Cisco.

Best Regards,

Salin Subran

Yes, you can download from Cisco for exact cucm version..it must be available there. Or provide the complete cucm version here, I will try to provide the link.

Suresh

thank you, i dont have any backup.

will this cd will help me to Repair only the DB?

This process will not harm anything..but u should have backup in case of anything goes wrong.

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

CUCM was not booting from recovery Disk.

But find a solution, we unplugged all the phones and then restarted the CUCM, it worked.

so Some/one of the phones maybe sending bad requests to CUCM.

Even though the issue resolved, i am very keen to know why the CD didnt worked.We tried two different CD and from Different CD drives.Any Suggeston for this.

Best Regards,

Salin Subran

[+5] to Suresh for inputs.

You can try inserting into PC /Laptop and check whether your system is booting .

If no, then, there is a problem.

regds,

aman

Here you go..

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282421166&flowid=77889&softwareid=282074294&release=7.1(5b)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Suresh