Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM-Unable to access Corporate directory

vikas01234das
Level 1
Level 1

Hy Team

In my office, users wants to access corporate directory from cisco phone and for that, i would have to configure LDAP on AD and CUCM .Right?

But we can not create any services on AD because we don't have access of it .

So client wants that it will be done without touching AD.

Is it possible??If it is possible than please let me know.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

No you need informations from your server team to connect with AD.

without below informations you can’t make the corporate directory working by standing with AD.

LDAP Manager Distinguished Name[image: Required Field]
LDAP Password

LDAP User Search Base[image: Required Field]

if you don’t need to work with Server team and sync with Ad  then create user locally on cucm end user page.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

The absolute best is to use the sync with AD to get the users into CM. If you can not do that you can bulk upload users via a CSV file into CM by the Bulk Administration > Users > Insert Users. On that page there is the possibility to look at a sample file for how to format the CSV file.

image.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Active Directory always has LDAP, so you don’t need to touch it as such. What you do need to configure is a LDAP directory in CM that connects to AD to synchronise users into CM. For this you should use secure communication, aka SSL, for the connection as plain unsecured LDAP is no longer supported in AD. This is well documented and you’ll find plenty of post on the topic if you take the time to search for it.

Response Signature

Using ldap protocol you will connect with AD.

Refer the below guide for complete configurations.

you can refer the guide corresponding to your version.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1/sysConfig/CUCM_BK_SE5DAF88_00_cucm-system-configuration-guide-1151/CUCM_BK_SE5DAF88_00_cucm-system-configuration-guide-1151_chapter_0100101.html

Response Signature

Sir

Thanks for the doc but I have already read it.
Actually I don't have AD access & information
As per documents i have to configure mainly 3 thing that is

LDAP Password

Host Name or IP Address for Server[image: Required Field]
But i dont have these detail and also i cant get it from server team,
That's Why i posted this question that Corporate directory can be access
without any information of AD or not.

Hi, 

Could you please let us know where is your users configured? Is it purely cloud such as Azure AD or any other directory services that your company using?

Regards, 

Shalid  

No you need informations from your server team to connect with AD.

without below informations you can’t make the corporate directory working by standing with AD.

LDAP Password

if you don’t need to work with Server team and sync with Ad  then create user locally on cucm end user page.

Response Signature

You need to have a user account that has read access to the directory to be able to setup the connection to AD.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM's built in directory will show you what you have under User Management -> End User, whether those are LDAP users (which is the most common option) and/or local users which you create in CUCM.

LDAP is easier because it simply syncs the existing information and even allow the automatic creation of DNs for easier device registration, but if you won't be given those details to setup the sync in CUCM, then your other option is to manually create the users as local users in your CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sir,

I don't want to add user manually because  lot of users are in the client site.

So is there any way to upload custom file in cucm  .If yes, then please provide the step. 

The absolute best is to use the sync with AD to get the users into CM. If you can not do that you can bulk upload users via a CSV file into CM by the Bulk Administration > Users > Insert Users. On that page there is the possibility to look at a sample file for how to format the CSV file.

image.png

Response Signature