cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP IVR vs UCCX IVR

sinuksml1
Level 1
Level 1

I know both support IVR solution in a contact center,but what is the actual difference between them.

what are the thing should i consider before i choose CVP or UCCX IVR?

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

UCCX is a full, standalone contact centre platform (well, standalone but requires CUCM)

CVP is a part of the UCCE product suite, you probably wouldn't want it on it's own.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the reply.

First of all i am new to this,i need to clear one more thing.am in a project(as a trainee) ,where customer need both CVP and UCCX.

CVP needed for ASR/TTS integration(going to use nuance ASR/TTS) and UCCX needed for IVR services.

is this sound logic ?,do we need both CVP and UCCX for this.we are planing to instal this on the same BE6K medium density server.

No, this is not sound logic.  Both CVP and IP-IVR (different license of CCX) support ASR/TTS and you would never use both of them in the same environment. You pick one or the other. CVP is typically deployed as comprehensive model which requires full UCCE solution, but it can also be deployed as standalone for self-service applications.  It really comes down to your requirements, and you might be better of engaging Cisco partner to provide free scope and proper solution based on extensive discovery.