Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay in message delivery UM 4.0.3 and Exchange 2003

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Just upgraded to 4.0.3, very nice by the way! It seems that there is a delay from when a voicmail is left and when it appears in the users inbox. The MWI lights right away, but the message takes about a minute or so. I know no big deal, but my users are very spoiled!!! In exchange there is not a backup of messages at all they release almost immediatley, maybe 1/2 second delay.

Any ideas or words of wisdom?

Geoff

6 Replies 6

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Are you maybe using Outlook 2003? I use that at the office was it doesn't some type of polling.

In Unity, MWI is actually handled by a process outside of message delivery. Once the message get to Exchange a notification packet is send from Exchange to Unity alerting us of the new message. From there Unity checks Exchange and then lights MWI. So for us to light MWI the message *must* be in the mailbox.

You can see this functionary by stopping the UMR and leaving a message from a non-subscriber. MWI will not light until the UMR is started and the message is submitted to Exchange.

Hope this helps...

Keith

it seems to be with external callers. they never receive the voicemail at all??? Internal is okay, any ideas?

Geoff

I'm also seeing this on a site that has Unified Messaging. Internal calls are ok but if a message if left from an external caller the message is never delivered. You hear the correct greeting so the message is left at the correct mailbox, it just never gets delivered.

Did you get a resolution or has anyone else seen this ??

The external caller's vm are delivered into subscribers' mailboxes by UNITY_ windows-account. Has that account been changed (deleted? disabled?)

H. M.

Hi -

After confirming the existence of the UNITY_ account and mailbox, its mailbox will reside on your partner mail server, I would enable message tracking. That will enable you to see if the message is getting stopped there instead of getting routed to your subscribers' mail server/information stores.

Ginger

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, only difference is that the message from external callers reach the mailbox after two hours only. Any idea what could be the issue is?

Regards,

Karthikeyan