Views
Helpful
Replies

Email Body for Unified Messaging in Unity Connection

Fahim Sha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Unity Connection 11.5 configured for Unified Messaging.

Currently the subscribed users get voicemails on their Outlook.

Currently, the email contains only the wav file as attachment.

Is it possible to add a custom email body?

With Kind Regards,

Fahim Sha.

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Unfortunately not. HTML notifications allow that but the message state is not synchronized between the email and voicemail mailboxes. While the HTML emails include actionable links, the user’s device must be able to reach CUC’s Tomcat interface for the link to work (ie VPN required when remote).

Y C
Level 1
Level 1

It does seem kind of silly how it won't let you customize the default message notification. I've ran into this. Your only choice is to turn on the html notifications and customize that. Now the user will get two notifications - the one with the blank body and the custom one. To turn off the blank one you have to disable single-inbox.

(Assuming your not using ViewMail) - So now the user only gets the custom notification, however reading / deleting the message from email won't turn off MWI anymore. You'd have to check it from your phone or Web Inbox.

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

I recently opened a TAC case for this exact request and the answer was it cannot be done.  This is really disappointing and something I hope becomes available in later versions.