cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Express Messaging feature in Unity Connection

ryan_oconnell
Level 3
Level 3

Hello I am trying to accomplish the following.

Users are on a Nortel Option 61C PBX that used Meridian Mail, we recently moved them to Unity Connection version 8 using a PIMG Digital Integration. Users used to have a feature on Meridian mail they called Express Messaging. This is how it worked

• Users would enter a Pilot number to Express Messaging "ex: 5555"
  • Meridian Mail would answer with a Prompt asking for a mailbox extension
  • After the mailbox was entered it transfered them directly to the persons voicemail greeting enabling them to leave them a message without ringing their actual phone.

I know we can replicated this using a pilot that calls a CallHandler, prompts for an extension, then transfers to the persons mailbox. The problem is that. We have everyone's "Transfer" rules setup to send to their extension instead of their greeting, because we need this configured this way in order to support the Auto Attendant.

Does anyone have a way to force a call handler to transfer to a persons greeting instead of their extension? Besides creating a call handler for each person in the company which will not scale.

Thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ryan,

Hope all is well with you!

We used the doc (attached) to create a similar feature where users

can dial *xxxx where xxxx = the Directory Number and go directly

to the user greeting without ringing the phone This might even be

a little bit easier for your users.

Cheers!

Rob

Attachments:

Rob,

To clarify, this is a Nortel PBX using Unity Connection with a PIMG integration. The solution you sent me is for a CallManager to Unity integration

Ryan

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Ryan,

Oops! I guess I must be looping on the "Junk" this morning. We also have

a Nortel UC integration via PIMG's. Let me look into how it may be done for this

integration

Cheers!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ryan,

Let's try this again

On your Call Handler make sure that you have Allow Transfers set;

During Greeting

Then once the Greeting is playing dial xxxx#2 (where xxxx = the 4 digit extension).

This should go directly to the user Greeting and not ring the phone. I just tested

this on the Nortel side of the house and it works perfectly.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I'll give this a try next time I'm on site.

I'm curious though what does the #2 do at the end of the sequence to force it to go to MBX over a transfer?

Ryan

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Ryan,

From Jeff Lindborg

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1208692#1208692

Cheers!

Rob

Kewl trick

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: