cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway 8.9.1 - IM&P Federation With Microsoft-based Organizations Skype for Business

ciscodrew
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone set this up successfully yet?

I have followed the brief config included in the doc starting on page 53, but I am not having much luck.

See attached Doc S4BFED.pdf for config that works.

51 Replies 51

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

hello,

what error or issue coming when following the given steps?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

I have a Skype for Business trial account to test and I am not able to send chats either way.

I am seeing this in the event logs on the Expressway C - Detail="Proxy Authentication Required" Protocol="TLS" Response-code="407"

I was able to get it working with Skype for business / Office 365 account.

Hi! What did you change to get it to work? I am also receiving the 407 proxy auth required message from IM&P (for chats coming from O365 SfB, via Expressway-E and -C), and I notice IM&P doesn't route chat messages to the Expressway-C.

I am using a valid Office 365 SfB account, which can federate with other SfB accounts in other domains. So federation on the O365 side is ok.

There are a few steps missing from the guide of course.

If I remember correctly, we had to do the following:

1 - add expressway C cert to CUP trust on IM&P

2 - Configure trusted peer on IMP for expressway C

3 - Configure Incoming ACL on IMP to allow expressway C

4 - Install Microsft root cert that Skype uses on IMP under cup trust - I think.

I would have to double check my notes but I think that is it.

After successfully federating with S4B, we were able to federate with Microsoft.com domain.

Adding the Expressway-C cert to cup-trust did the trick, even though my Expressway-C and IM&P servers use the same root CA. Thanks!

Another thing that isn't noted in the guide, is that Exp-C's neighbor zone to IM&P should point to port 5062 (Peer Auth Listener) and not to the Server Auth listener (5061). I read somewhere that you might need to swap ports on these services, but I didn't do that. I just send the neighbor route to 5062.

Yes , you are correct we had to change the ports on the neighbor zone as well.

Forgot to add to previous post.

Hi! I have got chat working, but the presence status is not updating on S4B site. Any idea why this is not working? When i change the status on the S4B client i can see that on the jabber client. The jabber status is now shown on the S4B client

I had the same issue as well. I cannot remember exactly what is was that fixed. I think it was either or both of these two:

1 - make sure to create internal DNS record for CUPS PUBLIC FQDN to point CUPS PUB.

2 - Change port to 5062 as mentioned above.

Hi, I changed the outgoing search rule and now it works! Thanks

What change did you make to the outgoing search rule (and which rule was it)?

I have 2-way IM working, but I can only see the Skype presence in jabber they cannot see my presence.  any suggestions?

Did you receive the question in Jabber asking to share your presence after you initiated the chat from Jabber to Skype?

no I do not receive the pop up.  I have removed the contact from Jabber and re-added, and the same has been done on the Skype side.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: