Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension needs to ring to internal extensions and external phone numbers

Looking for help on how to configure an extension to ring to 2 internal extensions and 2 external phone numbers. The external numbers are long distance. If no one picks up the call, I want the call to go to voicemail. 

Let's say the extension is 100. Right now it's set up so someone calls a number which goes to extension 100. Extension 100 is currently configured to ring to some internal extensions. I would like to add two long distance external phone numbers to what extension 100 rings to. I would also like it to go to voice mail if no one answers. Extension 100 is extension only. I read that if it is extension only, that voicemail can't be configured. 

I'm using Cisco Unified CM Administration console. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I think this can be achieved by SNR feature on Cisco Unified CM Administration.

• Single Number Reach (SNR)

Single Number Reach provides users with the ability to be reached at a single enterprise phone number that rings on both their IP desk phone and their mobile phone simultaneously. SNR users can pick up an incoming call on either their desk or mobile phones and at any point can move the in-progress call from one of these phones to the other without interruption

Please rate and mark correct if helpful

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

View solution in original post

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once you configure SNR you'll need to test and fine tune the timers to make the calls go to your VM system, before they go to the external phone voicemail (if there's one)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I think this can be achieved by SNR feature on Cisco Unified CM Administration.

• Single Number Reach (SNR)

Single Number Reach provides users with the ability to be reached at a single enterprise phone number that rings on both their IP desk phone and their mobile phone simultaneously. SNR users can pick up an incoming call on either their desk or mobile phones and at any point can move the in-progress call from one of these phones to the other without interruption

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once you configure SNR you'll need to test and fine tune the timers to make the calls go to your VM system, before they go to the external phone voicemail (if there's one)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate